Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Takara Devastator coming to ToysRUs Australia

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    So, to clarify, I assume the OP has found that the Takara UW-04 Devastator will be released by Hasbro in Australia in Toys R Us stores nationwide. We can likely assume that OTCA's own Goktimus Prime will provide any translation if necessary (which may not be the case as, lets face it, between a couple of elbows, the visor gimmick and the individual weapons, transformation is basically the same as the existing Hasbro instructions).
    Stinger was translated by Goki and it's pretty much the same toy, with the only difference being the deco.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

^It is because how Toys R US was typed

(changed subject title to prevent any further confusion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (changed subject title to prevent any further confusion)
    Thanks mate

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So, to clarify, I assume the OP has found that the Takara UW-04 Devastator will be released by Hasbro in Australia in Toys R Us stores nationwide. We can likely assume that OTCA's own Goktimus Prime will provide any translation if necessary (which may not be the case as, lets face it, between a couple of elbows, the visor gimmick and the individual weapons, transformation is basically the same as the existing Hasbro instructions).

Either way, beyond the above info, why the hell has this become an advert for PC or TFI or anyone else? There's plenty of other threads about the product and there's a dealer/sales forum too.

Drifand, I think its about TRU AU. OP seems to have accidentally capitalised the "S" in "US" in the first post, but that should have been pretty obvious - OP's location is Canberra and we've had a string of Takara releases hitting TRU AU recently.
    I have deliberately said only local online stores, zero names here.
    I guess my question is why people love to pay more is beyond me and none of my business. But we seem to have many "is $100 more!" When is not really the case.

Back on topic I wonder they realised is the same figure?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Back on topic I wonder they realised is the same figure?
    Seeing as they also have the UW-01 set, it's hardly a surprise. I'd also expect to see Hasbro AU potentially double up with more MP releases from both Asia and the US, depending on what Hasbro US decide to bring to market. So far we've had a heap of the recent Takara MPs make their way to Australia. Sure the price is inflated, but if they're selling...

We can likely assume that OTCA's own Goktimus Prime will provide any translation if necessary
    I was completely unaware of this toy being released here until this thread was made. I've asked Hasbro AU about it, and they said that they're waiting for TRU to confirm whether or not they are ordering this toy. Once they place the order, then Hasbro will ask me to translate the booklet. Somewhat odd that TRU have already put this toy in their database before they've even ordered it from Hasbro. Unless they're absolutely certain that they will.

The UW instructions aren't difficult to translate, but it's still laborious in terms of the sheer amount that has to be done in one hit. That's what exhausted me with translating UW Superion's instructions. Also, there is a small story section; with Superion it's a one page text mini-story about an Energon barbecue (cos that sounds totally safe) Although interestingly enough, Prince Jumal is now known as King Hassan.

IMO $300 - by Australian RRP standards - isn't too bad a price for a set of six Voyagers. Typical RRP for a Voyager is $50, and multiplied by 6 gives you $300. So while it's not a great price (especially when there are cheaper pre-order options out there), I don't think it's a bad price. And in relative terms, it's cheaper than TRU's MP prices. But honestly, if you think back to say purchasing 6 Age of Extinction and/or TF Prime/Beast Hunters Voyagers for $50 each, I'd say paying the same price for 6 UW Constructicons is still much better value for money.

I went to TRU Parramatta today and asked them to search for Devastator on their database - nothing came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I can't fathom why TRU would want to sell both the Hasbro & Takara Devastator. And it'll just confuse the ordinary consumer if both are available on shelf.

Please let it be the 5-pack G1 reissue Dinobots.

Does anyone have any news at all on wether the G1 Dinobots are being reissued?