Page 81 of 183 FirstFirst ... 6171767778798081828384858691101 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Gah!

First my BBTS POL gets too close the the $1000 threshold so I have to ship it, then the next week Hot Spot & Cyclonus show up

Then half the items in my Private Warehouse with HLJ nears the 60 day limit. So yesterday I ship everything in the warehouse at 59 days - otherwise they will break it up and just send the older items. TODAY the last item I was waiting for shows up to there starts the 60 day clock again

First world problems I guess
    Just keep thinking about who all those toys are going to turn up in a short period of time. It will be better than Christmas
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

This is like half venting, but putting it here since there's no 'Transformers Loving thread!' for the other half of my post

MP-24 Saber (medium bot) is probably one of my favourite looking bots in my entire collection. I'm a big sucker for bright primary colours, distinct 'old school' blocky robot aesthetic, so that's no surprise.

But how they thought his leg articulation was Masterpiece grade is beyond me! His hips have basically no outward movement of their own (you can flub it with the thighs but it looks pretty silly), and his feet/ankles may as well be straight out of G1.

Both areas i know have things going on that limit what they could have done, but it doesn't seem like it would have been impossible to improve both aspects significantly. I will say though, the articulation being almost G1 level in places kinda adds to the MP's charm.

I also bloody hate hollow arms! I can understand MP Bumblebee to some degree, he's probably too small. But Saber could have easily had a flip over panel to fill in that gap. It just really hinders the impression of strength/solidity. Opposing robot would be all like "Hit me with those hollow arms and they'll just bend inwards!".

Not so much Saber, but another peeve that seems to be almost every other toy these days - fist guards, or giant slabs of plastic that'd stop a real robot from being able to pick up anything. Acceptable on Legends class but anywhere else just no!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Not so much Saber, but another peeve that seems to be almost every other toy these days - fist guards, or giant slabs of plastic that'd stop a real robot from being able to pick up anything. Acceptable on Legends class but anywhere else just no!
    Amen Brother!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    This is like half venting, but putting it here since there's no 'Transformers Loving thread!' for the other half of my post
    TF Lurv thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    No lurv since Oct 2014? Some dry spell...

Yesterday at Big W I was looking in the Transformers Aisle while my sister was spending some of the birthday money she got. When I got to the aisle, there was an employee wheeling away a trolley with a box that said 'Transformers' on it. At first I though he had just finished restocking, which he had, in a way. He added one of each of the RiD Legions (which we didn't have before), but the previous two shelves of CW Deluxes, and 2 Shelves of CW Legends, had gone to one shelf of deluxes, which only had 2 offroads and 1 of the other wave 2 stunticons, and the Legends were all hidden behind some bloody RiD 3 Step Changer things. I was so mad, I was planning on getting at least all of Wave 2 Deluxes at my crappy country town. The previous shelves where they were filled with 1 Step Changers. Not RiD 1 Steps, no, there were 3 of those, but he had filled the shelves with shelf warming AoE 1 steps!!! And Heromashers!!! The only good side to this was the Bee-Hive was removed, as were the Power Battlers and the Construct-Bots. Also all the Power Glides were gone.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

That I just had to shell out an extra $40AUD to get my two sets of PE combiner upgrades due to orders being cancelled in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    No lurv since Oct 2014? Some dry spell...
    lol and things are supposed to be getting a bit better than before with combiners and whatnot.

Well, got the email today. I never gamble because I have no luck at it but when the decked out Bbee camero showed up in my town with a big sign 'win Bumblebee and half a million dollars!' I thought it might be fate and stupidly bought $100 worth of tickets. More than I would normally spend on gambling in a decade.

Life has been that depressingly shitty of late it was something to be hopeful about. But nope - some rich bugger in QLD won him and the cash

Damn it Hasbro.

The CW card packaging is both tapped and glued down.

Pick one Hasbro! This is no time to listen to that little Mexican girl's advise!

EDIT: thought it was just Legends, but they have glued down a little bit of the deluxes too!
    Last edited by Golden Phoenix; 28th May 2015 at 09:41 PM.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|