Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Animated S3 Ep05 "Where is Thy Sting?" Discussion

Default Transformers Animated S3 Ep05 "Where is Thy Sting?" Discussion

It has been leaked online early...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...-spoilers.html

Awesome episode, back to Transwarped level of quality after a bit of a dip last week.

SPOILERS
    Sentinel is so freaking annoying, and entertaining at the same time. I was not expecting Magnus to get blown to bits so early on in the season, Shockwave really is ripping through the Autobots!

Also featured the debut of the Jet Autobots
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Great episode. Lots of big things happening.

SPOILERS:Never thought they'd give the twins such heavy accents. Also, I can't wait until Wasp gets indoctrinated by Blackarachnia. On a sadder note, first Blurr, now Magnus. Shockwave is on a roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Ratchet: "Impossible! No Autobot flies!"

Um... well... except your best friend Omega Supreme. Remember him? You know, from... two episodes ago?

Speaking of two episodes ago - where the heck is Sari?

Jetstorm and Jetfire had (Brazilian? Mexican? Portuguese? Spanish? Russian? Bad? Inconsistent?) accents. Which obviously wasn't something one could infer from reading the comic book. And they transform into Safeguard anime-style.

Sentinel Prime finally remembering Bumblebee from Autoboot camp was hilarious.

Holy $#(*! That was one hell of an ending. Spoilery speculations: If that's more... final than just being crippled, I wonder if that means Sentinel will be Sentinel Magnus now? Or Optimus Magnus, but that's unlikely. Regardless, it's not going to be good for the Autobot military.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Jetstorm and Jetfire had (Brazilian? Mexican? Portuguese? Spanish? Russian? Bad? Inconsistent?) accents. Which obviously wasn't something one could infer from reading the comic book. And they transform into Safeguard anime-style.
    They sounded like Jamaicans who have lived in Brazil for a number of years to me... some very strange accents. Might create more interest in the Safeguard figure though, the whole fire and air deal was pretty snazzy.

Sentinel Prime finally remembering Bumblebee from Autoboot camp was hilarious.
    I'd kill for another episode of Bumblebee dropping things on Sentinel, You cant help but hate the guy, yet want him to have more screentime, just to be showed up over and over again. Jazz is the perfect foil for him.

Spoilery speculations:
    Sentinel Magnus would be the worst thing to happen to the Autobots. Surely there has to be someone else in all of Autobot Elite Guard who ranks higher than him, seriously the Autobots are pretty daft if they have not realized that Sentinel should have never been given any authority.
    Could we get a bit of Sentinel Magnus before Optimus takes control of the Autobot forces, but not as Optimus Magnus?

Just like the Gen1 Sludge image in Ep4, this episode had Torq3 from Gen1 in the background of Bumblebee's computer game. It's odd little things like that which give us 'old timer' fans something to laugh at when we see them...

I think it was probably a script error when Magnus said 'Shockwave' instead of 'Longarm' at the end, because the Autobots don't know Shockwave (or even the name???), only Longarm. Even if he revealed himself to Magnus before the confrontation, Magnus wouldn't be telling Ironhide that, because Ironhide wouldn't know who he was talking about.

Tom Kenny did a good Wasp(inator) voice. And the Jet twins were actually voiced by two different people. I guess there was so much altering of their voices, that they sounded the same.

And I wouldn't think that ending is permanent, because Hasbro still have 2 toys in the leader size class to sell (still in stores here and globally), and wouldn't aprove of his removal from the show just yet. It's their largest non-gimmick size class for Animated toys, so they would want to get as much screen time as possible, and he hasn't really been featured too much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think it was probably a script error when Magnus said 'Shockwave' instead of 'Longarm' at the end, because the Autobots don't know Shockwave (or even the name???), only Longarm. Even if he revealed himself to Magnus before the confrontation, Magnus wouldn't be telling Ironhide that, because Ironhide wouldn't know who he was talking about.
    I thought the Autobots were aware of Shockwave, cannot think of any reason why they would, considering how long he has been undercover as Longarm...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And I wouldn't think that ending is permanent, because Hasbro still have 2 toys in the leader size class to sell (still in stores here and globally), and wouldn't aprove of his removal from the show just yet. It's their largest non-gimmick size class for Animated toys, so they would want to get as much screen time as possible, and he hasn't really been featured too much yet.
    You thinking that Magnus may get "upgraded" into a something a little more Road Busting?

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    They sounded like Jamaicans who have lived in Brazil for a number of years to me... some very strange accents.
    Actually, I think I've worked it out now. Jetfire was meant to have a 'hot' accent (Jamaica/Brazil etc.) while Jetstorm was meant to have a cold one (Russian.)

Makes sense!

A thoroughly enjoyable episode!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks
    They sounded like Jamaicans who have lived in Brazil for a number of years to me... some very strange accents.
    It's not as if American accents make any more sense. These are alien robots after all. I do like how the movie actually explained why the Transformers speak English ("My bad.")

Wasp's voice... it's not as cool as it sounded before. Sounds like a weird mix between Waspinator and Elmo IMO. :/

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    Considering that Shockwave knows that his cover is blown he has no need to transform back into Longarm Prime again since he's now a wanted felon by the Autobots. By telling Ironhide that it was Shockwave they know to look for him instead. The Autobot Elite Guard know about Shockwave because Blurr had been intercepting transmissions between him and Megatron on Earth - they just never knew that Shockwave and Longarm Prime were one and the same. So now both Longarm Prime and Shockwave are on the Autobots' radar.

Not too bad for a dude with one side of his head smashed off. I could also hear a mechanical "shut down" noise as there was a close-up on Magnus' head... does this mean that he's dead? If so, then kudos to writers for doing so - showing that war has horrible consequences in a kids' cartoon.