View Poll Results: RID(2015) Grimlock - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • ME GRIMLOCK SAY BUY THIS TOY!

3 23.08%
  • Only if cheap

5 38.46%
  • Only if...

2 15.38%
  • Na

2 15.38%
  • ME GRIMLOCK IN GREEN MAKE ME GRIMLOCK FEEL BLUE

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - RID(2015) Warrior-Class Grimlock

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Au contraire - this is since its RID(2015) technically an Aligned-Universe Grimlock so he is supposed to be pretty much the same as Grimlock appeared in Fall of Cybertron since according to Hasbro its all the same universe and continuity (WFC/FOC/Prime/RescueBots/RID/The Covenant of Primus etc) ergo the same character. And FOC Grimlock in style, look and colour scheme was heavily based on the G1 version.
    You know, I didn't even make that connection until you said it... it's like the cousin of a cousin... it is still family, but it isn't as immediately obvious.

Cartoon Spoilers...

This is supposed to be the same universe as WFC/FOC, and yet this Grimlock is supposed to be a Decepticon.
    If it isn't explained in the cartoon as why he turned bad, or was working undercover, it is more proof that this wasn't meant to be part of the Aligned universe, but was shoe-horned into it just to help sell/promote it.

A bit like the WFC game, which for all intents and purposes was initially designed and proposed to be/look like a pre-Gen1 game... but some time after it was started, Hasbro created this new "Aligned Universe" to help sell the game as being part of the TFPrime cartoon (which came out five months after WFC), essentially retconning the game just for short-term marketing gain... but long term retconning pain (with books, comics and the FOC game all trying to explain the differences between WFC and TFPrime).

I like this guy most in robot mode. He's got a nice bulky, strong guy look to him and a nice colour scheme. Dino form is a bit clunky but I like the way the legs unfold to make most of the beast mode.

Next to Bumblebee and Strongarm he seems a bit too small, feels like this character should be a Voyager size.

Dis-a-ppointing. I personally quite like Deluxe Classics Grimlock, but if you're one of the people who dislikes that toy, you are going to absolutely hate RiD2015 Warrior Class Grimlock. There are some neat features to this toy; I like the way that the robot legs and tail section transforms, and the dinosaur^Kaijuu mode looks very Godzilla-esque. I do wish that the Kaijuu hands were more saurian -- he has opposable thumbs! The big gap on the back of the Kaijuu mode looks unsightly too IMHO.

This toy doesn't feel worth paying even $25 for. I voted "Only if cheap."

Funny you mention that Goki, I don't rate Classics Grimlock that much but I absolutely adore RiD Grimlock. In fact, as a Grimlock fan, I rate this as the best deluxe sized Grimlock and top 5 Grimlocks.

My only downer is the colour scheme and face and even that is fairly negligible since I love Lockdown and Animated and AoE Lockdown don't look anything alike.

I'm a fan. Good, posable robot mode, passable dino mode.

All up a fun toy.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cracked this one open this evening. Awesome little toy and the black and green suits him quite nicely. I can see this repainted as Skullcruncher or Grotesque

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Cartoon Spoilers...

This is supposed to be the same universe as WFC/FOC, and yet this Grimlock is supposed to be a Decepticon.
    Also a spoiler:
    I think this can be explained by the Decepticon logos being applied after the prisoners are captured. Steeljaw said that he destroyed his Decepticon logos because of the tracking chips they contained; suggesting they were applied as part of his incarceration.
    Grimlock probably received his logos as part of the same incarceration process.

I'm more interested in why he seems to have lost his memory of why he was imprisoned.

Got this today and am quite pleased with it. Robot mode is perfect and the transformation is great (after I spent a few minutes looking for the instructions that don't exist except for the tiny ones printed on the back of the card). T-Rex mode is a bit too 'kiddy' but is quite cute. But why green?

In "true colours", it's explained that Grimlock's rap sheet was made up of incidents property damage and that must've been considerable to be put into stasis with a shipload of decepticons.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    But why green?
    Why not?

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain