Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunt or order?

TheDirtyDigger Guest

For me new TF's are good to order for the convenience and sometimes the price.
    G1 stuff I love to hunt down. Mainly on ebay but there are other sources as well. But yeah....nothing so satisfying as hunting down some G1 figure that you've craved for 20+ years.

I am toying with the idea of importing animated, I'll see if some of my usual ebay seller will help me out

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    I found that I had to order pretty big to get real savings. When I ordered small, I about matched Australia (including postage).
    I about matched Australia, too. And picked up some stuff not available here at prices below what they'd go for on eBay.

More than anything, I can save myself looking at 15 stores for the toys I wanted.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Default thrill of the hunt

i like the thrill of the hunt, for example movie legends easy to just order them online, but the thrill of the hunt on a free day to just do a little hunting and actually finiding something you want is just XTC. but for harder to find stuff or t/f that wont appear on retail shelfs, ordering online is def a better way to acquire them.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    On a serious note, is wholesale import possible?
    It's completely possible so long as you have the right criteria. You will need an ABN with a business name and associated import license and have to be prepared to deal with the tax involved. Also most shipments will require a minimum spending of AU$1200 even if you want to try to cut down using BBTS.com or HLJ.com.

There was a rather interesting post at TFW from Spencer of A3+ on his experiences dealing with Hasbro directly. What you have to account for is that Hasbro ships in waves as opposed to Takara who ship individual toy cases. So you can import a case of 6 deluxe figs which (for example) consist of 2 BB08s, Landmine, Dropkick and 2 Camshafts, so you have to be able to account for those 2 Camshafts...