Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: BotCon 2014 news bits (and some photos)

All of the BotCon parts are now done, from Wednesday custom class to Sunday closing.
    (the Friday night Universal event took longer to do than I thought, as I later found an audio file and some video clips I took, that I had to take notes and screen-shots from)

For those wanting to go through everything chronologically, start from Wednesday...
    Wednesday 18th June - Custom Class & Package pickup
    Thursday 19th June - Los Angeles Tour & Club Store
    Friday 20th June - BotCon day 1 & Universal Studios Fan Event
    Saturday 21st June - BotCon day 2 & Golden Ticket dinner
    Sunday 22nd June - BotCon day 3

For those wanting to read everything I did from the first day of the trip, that will be a couple more days.

Woohoo, looking forward to reading
    Many thanks griffin for these detailed reports. Every time I read it makes me wish I had gone

They're great, and I was really fascinated by the custom class photos. Its a lot more involved to put a toy together than I realised, and it seemed really to see the torso of the toy without the legs.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Always love reading your report ! .... just like being there with you .

There... finally... after 6 weeks... all done.
    (I want to redo the group photo of the original toys, to replace God Ginrai with just Ginrai, but will get around to that later)

The Intro page is here, for going to specific pages or events.
    If you want to go through everything in chronological order, click on the "Before Departure" link near the top of the Intro page, and follow each day from there.

(corrections, like grammar and spelling are welcome)

I had about as much fun doing the report (researching a lot of stuff from details mentioned on the Tours) as I did on the adventure itself. But boy, did I go overboard on photos and notes this year.
    Each year I say the same thing after spending so much time on the write-up - I'm not going to do that again, but knowing me, I will be just as comprehensive next year.

Now... where are the write-ups, photos or commentary from the other people who went this year?
    There were either 2 or 4 of you there... pics or it didn't happen.

Another awesome read! Thanks Griffin.

I fixed Scorponok today (they have a minor construction error), and added the photos to the Wednesday pick-up page for future reference.

I have also posted up the images in our Repairs section for anyone who got one (or is getting a non-attendee set).