Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ehobby exclusive Unite Warriors Grand Scourge

Default Ehobby exclusive Unite Warriors Grand Scourge

Some people have said that the Generations Voyager Optimus has a bit of an Energon Optimus look to it, particularly as a combiner... so it probably isn't surprising to hear that Ehobby in Japan have announced an exclusive redeco of the mould as Grand Scourge, which homages the Japanese redeco of the Superlink (Energon) Optimus way back in 2004. (which was actually a redeco of the Superlink Optimus model kit)

It is priced at 6,500yen (about AU$70) for release in September (May 26th is the pre-order date)... with a bonus sword, from the Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus toy.

No mention of any redeco Deluxes to go with this figure, so it gives us another Voyager combiner without limbs.
    (we need more Deluxe redecos to make up the difference)
    Last edited by griffin; 13th April 2015 at 10:49 PM.

with BH Ultimate Optimus' cleaver?
    ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    with BH Ultimate Optimus' cleaver?
    ok...
    Yeah, because having a black deco just doesn't say evil anymore...

Hehehe... I just scrolled down to the bottom of the ehobby page, and the character art calls the toy Grond Scourge. Maybe it's intentional, as he could be named after the LOTR Grond and refer to him being a battering ram like Motormaster.

That is a really sweet picture. Interested in seeing what he's like with some limbs since I prefer that deco greatly over the normal one.

Just a correction: running the page through translate, I think they're taking orders from May 26th but not releasing until September. I could be wrong though.

He looks pretty cool, but is completely unnecessary with Motormaster being essentially a black redeco of Optimus already. On the other hand, he might make a cool alternate core to Menasor.

Look I love the idea of it as I think the Grand Scourge and Wingblade paint scheme absolutely rocked but sadly it was not made into a transformable toy.

It this was more faithful to that Pla-kit deco I would be VERY interested in this and if limbs recolored as the drones appeared I would lose my sh!t. BUT as it stands the legs should be grey and the cab front could be better.

At most right now i get more of a Megazarak vibe.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I reckon a decent custom set of drones could be made from the current set of limbs. Some would need more work than others, and it is all easier said then done.

But....I reckon you could use:
    • Helicopter: Alpha Bravo/Blades painted Purple

• Drill: Rook painted turquoise/aqua. You could use that "Balo" drill arms micron figure plugged into the front for the drill. If you are game it looks like you could also replace the front 2 wheels with fake tank treads without disturbing the transformation.

• Firetruck: Maybe a Dark Yellow First Aid or another Rook with a ladder/water cannon on top.

• Submarine: Would need the most work. Another Alpha Bravo/Blades pained Black. Ditch the helicopter blades, and mod the tail to look like a submarine propeller. Maybe replace the helicopter blades with a submarine tower if you are up for it.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hehehe... I just scrolled down to the bottom of the ehobby page, and the character art calls the toy Grond Scourge. Maybe it's intentional, as he could be named after the LOTR Grond and refer to him being a battering ram like Motormaster.
    It says "Grand" Scourge now.

Awww... I preferred Grond Scourge, as it sounded funny.
    (though, it's probably not a good idea having a funny name for an evil character who is trying to instil fear in others... it'd be like sporting a pink deco)

looks pretty cool. That weapon is a bit much imo