Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Unite Warriors Lynxmaster (Sky Reign)

TFYuki has tweeted two images of what is said to be the final product colours for Lynxmaster, who gets released at the end of this month... which will giving fans their first chance at a fully painted, factory-produced Combiner Ratchet toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    They need to go with my idea for a big old Energon/Superlink homage. NEED.

Bonus: the combined form's name would be Power Lynx!
    Old comment but I'd totally buy this!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Tempting - I still don't have a CHUG version of Ratchey but I don't want a second version of the other toys so it's a pass for me

Has anyone posted any comparisons of CW vs UW Sky Lynx? I'm thinking I might still pick up a CW Sky Lynx and have one in Bird/Lynx mode and the other in combined mode.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The UW Lynxmaster should still be a couple days away from official release, so by the end of this week we might see some people get some comparison photos posted up somewhere.
    I should be getting it the following week, so if I don't see anyone else post up photos, I will.

Shots of the coin:

Just noticed in a Lynx Master review that TakTom went with yellow stars on Hound...

Oh how my heart skipped a beat (in a good way)

also had me thinking I should get my 2 cents in before people bagged them for the decision.

My old man restores military vehicles, and put a big yellow star on an Armoured scout car 20 odd years ago. So i've grown up with this. the reason...

Yellow Variants
    In January, 1942 HQ Armored Force issued orders that all armored vehicle markings were to be
    painted in Air Corps Yellow, No. 4 lusterless. A yellow star was adopted for armored vehicles.
    On most tanks the star was applied to the turret sides, of at least 22” in diameter, with a 4” stripe
    running around the turret. The adoption of the yellow star and markings for the Armored Force
    is odd as the rest of the Army was in the process of adopting the white star. In August 1942,
    AR-850-5 formalized the use of a white star as a form of national insignia.
    So it was only 8 months, but it's out there.... and seeming Hound had an upgrade from the G1 Jeep, why not yellow as well!

In-hand review from Alfes2010 -- part 1 and part 2.