Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JP Masterpiece book coming

I ordered this along with some other books from Amazon Japan - the others shipped first - first tracking 11:04 Monday, received 12:49 Wednesday!

So the MP book should be here tomorrow according to the tracking, but unfortunately i'm going to be out of the office so I won't have it in hand until Friday.

Fingers crossed for some more pics of MP Star Saber!

Ah, it's out already. I'd better go order it... and wait for the end of August for the second Generations book.

Found this other book there, that I was not aware of, but the google translator suggests it is a 30th anniversary book to be released for the TFs Expo in Japan in August.
    No idea what is in it, so I figured I'd order it at the same time as the Masterpiece book, and see what it is.
    I thought it might have been a Japanese version of the Legacy book because of the cover, but the roughly translated description is too vague to know for sure.

AU$45 for both and AU$17 shipping. $30 each isn't too bad.

One thing i should point out about Amazon Japan, it seems even if you choose "Group my items into one shipment", they'll sometimes split them and ship in stock items immediately, at no additional cost.

That other one seems to be a TF History book of some sort, and comes with a double sided poster.

I wonder if I had waited a day and the second book was in stock, they would have charged less shipping, as it may have calculated shipping based on two shipments.

The History book sounds interesting, but will only be eye-candy for me, so had better have something more than a double-sided poster for me to drool over.
    (the double-sided poster with the 2014 Generations book was quite nice, so I'm looking forward to this one)

Ordering on Amazon.co.jp was relatively easy. The "item posted" email today was completely in Japanese but Google Translate helped. I decided to take a gamble on that "history" book too.

Received mine today. Covers all current MPs, the announced stuff, unpainted Star Sabre pics, US releases, exclusive decos (EVA, BAPE, toy show, etc).

Essentially, its pretty much everything already shown. Nothing "new". That being said...

Pretty friggin' nice. If only I knew Japanese!

As a primarily-MP collector, it's a nice catalogue.

It's the same price at Amazon (when you go through checkout it removes the 8% Japanese tax)

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Received mine today. Covers all current MPs, the announced stuff, unpainted Star Sabre pics, US releases, exclusive decos (EVA, BAPE, toy show, etc).

Essentially, its pretty much everything already shown. Nothing "new". That being said...

Pretty friggin' nice. If only I knew Japanese!

As a primarily-MP collector, it's a nice catalogue.
    Got mine today and had a quick look through, agree with what you've said.
    There's plenty in there that's new for me too which is nice, and the quality of the paper and printing is really good as well.

I mostly got it to have all the design sketches in one place; one of these days i'd love to try my hand at sketching out a theoretical MP of my own, but damn do they go into some absurd detail at the sketching phase!

It'd be truly awesome if you could read it - i hope to get my wife to translate a few of the interviews at the back (someone on TFW will probably get to it first though!).

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    It'd be truly awesome if you could read it - i hope to get my wife to translate a few of the interviews at the back (someone on TFW will probably get to it first though!).
    If you find a link or your wife translates a few, please feel free to share!