Page 102 of 183 FirstFirst ... 8292979899100101102103104105106107112122 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Yes. Very.
    you can talk!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

*sigh* All 3 of the latest issues of Transformers contain spelling & grammar mistakes. I enjoyed the stories overall (which I'll elaborate more in the relevant review threads), but seeing continued simple mistakes in the IDW comics just adds a sour aftertaste. They really need to hire a native English speaker to proof-read their writing.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 28th November 2015 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    *sigh* All 3 of the latest issues of Transformers contain spelling & grammar mistakes. I enjoyed the stories overall (which I'll elaborate more in the relevant review threads), but see continued simple mistakes in the IDW comics just adds a sour aftertaste. They really need to hire a native English speaker to proof-read their writing.
    A native English speaker? Are they outsourcing their writing to China?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

*sigh* All 3 of the latest issues of Transformers contain spelling & grammar mistakes. I enjoyed the stories overall (which I'll elaborate more in the relevant review threads), but see continued simple mistakes in the IDW comics just adds a sour aftertaste. They really need to hire a native English speaker to proof-read their writing.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    ?
    D'oh! Fix'd.

I have to say that was a pretty hilarious case of irony with that post there Gok

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I have to say that was a pretty hilarious case of irony with that post there Gok
    But that demonstrates the simply process of how corrections can be detected and corrected. I wrote a piece of text, Sinnertwin detected an error and it was corrected. All in the span of 88 minutes.

Author creates text.
    Editor proof-reads text and highlights any mistakes.
    Mistakes are corrected.
    Text is published.

And these are people who are being paid to write, and the audience is also paying money to read their writing! Professional writers and editors who are making a living from their writing should absolutely be maintaining a higher standard than people casually typing on the internet!

But that demonstrates the simply process of how corrections can be detected and corrected. I wrote a piece of text, Sinnertwin detected an error and it was corrected. All in the span of 88 minutes.

Author creates text.
    Editor proof-reads text and highlights any mistakes.
    Mistakes are corrected.
    Text is published.

And these are people who are being paid to write, and the audience is also paying money to read their writing! Professional writers and editors who are making a living from their writing should absolutely be maintaining a higher standard than people casually typing on the internet!
    I hope that you do bear this in mind before making these posts, but what you or I might consider an error might barely register as a stylistic choice to others. I don't know what errors you are picking up as you haven't posted examples, but they can't be any worse than Marvel's consistent incorrect usage of the word "insure", or some posters on this board who write *shudder* "could of".

The errors don't phase me. So long as they keep the comics coming, I'm a happy chap

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I hope that you do bear this in mind before making these posts, but what you or I might consider an error might barely register as a stylistic choice to others. I don't know what errors you are picking up as you haven't posted examples, but they can't be any worse than Marvel's consistent incorrect usage of the word "insure", or some posters on this board who write *shudder* "could of".
    I'm not talking about stylistic choices, such as the way that the Dinobots speak in a 'rough' manner of speech. I'm talking about things which are just wrong, and cannot be justified even through the stylistic speech mannerism of the character.

Admittedly none of them are as bad as using a preposition as a verb (e.g. "could of"), but some of them do involve just using the wrong verb. Others are spelling errors and other types of incorrect grammar usage. For example, in MTMTE #47, Whirl says, "I've having "second thoughts."". The verb "having" is incorrectly used in the present continuous tense. In order for Whirl to emphasise the importance of his actions, the verb should be in the past tense, i.e. "I've had "second thoughts."" Or you can also break those two verbs up as they are with the use of a past participle, e.g. "I've been having "second thoughts."" Or you could simply use the first person singular present indicative; i.e. "I'm having "second thoughts."" This is just one of many. I'm deliberately avoiding posting massive walls of text about every error that I'm finding.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 5th December 2015 at 05:20 PM.