Page 131 of 152 FirstFirst ... 111121126127128129130131132133134135136141151 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Megatran Guest

It keeps getting better. The Doggies (AFL) are in the top 4 with four rounds left to play. Easily ran over Port Power after Quarter time.

If anyone told me they'd be in that position on the ladder, I would've laughed it off considering what the club went through during the off-season. Captain leaving to GWS, several key players also jumping ship & coach falling on his sword.

From watching the videos it seems Hayne is going ok with the 49ers.

Now lets just wait for 5FDP to show up to a meet in a "38" jersey
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    From watching the videos it seems Hayne is going ok with the 49ers.

I'll be showing up with one if he makes it lol

Not sure how Bakuya was not charged after his blatant shoulder charge makes me once again wonder what idiots put together charge sheets in the NRL. Was certainly more blatant and intended than Mason, who I was okay with getting charged, even though I'm not sure he was trying to go the shoulder charge.

This was the perfect opportunity for the NRL to introduce either a send off for a shoulder charge rule or a five minute bin, really think they've missed a trick, could even make the 5 minute bin like ice hockey, if the other team scores, the binned player returns.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Captain leaving to GWS...
    Hey, we gave you Tom Boyd. He's a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Ummm... yeah, not going to happen. I have a Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Steve Young and Ronnie Lott jerseys. What do they all have in common - they're all in the HOF. Hayne left his 'run' a bit late He'll make good practice squad fodder though, if he even doesn't get released first. I'm interested to see how well he plays this Sunday though (game time is 10 AM).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Hey, we gave you Tom Boyd. He's a gun
    Yes he is. In the VFL.

People need to calm themselves on Hayne. Yes, it was a long run (53 yds) but it was an exceptional block by the FB against a second-string defence... in a practice game.

I saw one comment yesterday that the Australia news outlets plucked from the twitter-verse saying 'I was upset when we lost Gore but now we have Hayne'. Seriously???!! This person clearly knows nothing about NFL. Gore is only the 49ers all-time leading rusher
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Not sure how Bakuya was not charged after his blatant shoulder charge makes me once again wonder what idiots put together charge sheets in the NRL. Was certainly more blatant and intended than Mason, who I was okay with getting charged, even though I'm not sure he was trying to go the shoulder charge.

This was the perfect opportunity for the NRL to introduce either a send off for a shoulder charge rule or a five minute bin, really think they've missed a trick, could even make the 5 minute bin like ice hockey, if the other team scores, the binned player returns.
    Because there was separation of his arm from his side before contact as he attempted the tackle/charge and initial contact was sternum not shoulder. as opposed to mason which was bracing and shoulder even tho it was in-effective and mason bounced backwards..

dumb rule the way they worded it anyway
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    People need to calm themselves on Hayne. Yes, it was a long run (53 yds) but it was an exceptional block by the FB against a second-string defence... in a practice game.

I saw one comment yesterday that the Australia news outlets plucked from the twitter-verse saying 'I was upset when we lost Gore but now we have Hayne'. Seriously???!! This person clearly knows nothing about NFL. Gore is only the 49ers all-time leading rusher
    I got attacked on social media because I pointed out all those facts. The bandwagoners and Super Bowl watchers (you know, the people who only watch the super bowl and think they know everything about the NFL) got quite abusive calling me a hater etc.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

After a torrid year of tipping I was only one game off the perfect round that would've catapulted me from 12th to 2nd (due to everyone else having a shocker!).

The one game I missed? I tipped against my team (as I have done almost all season) the Knights!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)