Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G-Shock X Transformers Optimus Prime

Default G-Shock X Transformers Optimus Prime

Introducing the second most expensive Transformer ever (going by MSRP) and the closest thing Takara are going to do to a Time Warrior update, the G-Shock X Transformers Optimus Prime.

Yeah, I'm really scratching my head about this one cause of the ¥31,320 MSRP. Better be one fancy watch...

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...nt-mode/42423/

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...edestal/42371/

That's like... almost AU$400... for a toy that comes with a real watch. (and is likely to be super limited, and end up costing a lot more on the secondary market when it sells out on release)

And it comes out in less than a month - December 8th - which isn't long to save up for it.

So Optimus transforms into a display stand, for a watch.... that would have to be one of his worst alt-modes ever. (or best disguise mode, as Decepticons wouldn't be looking for an inanimate object that isn't a weapon or vehicle.... that's mostly their thing)

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So Optimus transforms into a display stand, for a watch.... that would have to be one of his worst alt-modes ever.
    They actually have an official name for it... "Pedestal Prime mode". Alt mode is so craptacularly un-inspirational it should be renamed "Pedestool Prime mode".

I want one. Where thou can I get a complete set?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Introducing the second most expensive Transformer ever (going by MSRP) and the closest thing Takara are going to do to a Time Warrior update, the G-Shock X Transformers Optimus Prime.

Yeah, I'm really scratching my head about this one cause of the ¥31,320 MSRP. Better be one fancy watch...
    Heh heh heh. That's the thing Delta - according to RobotKingdom's listing, the watch is not included. Comes with the matrix crystal as a placeholder
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

well.....thats shocking

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    well.....thats shocking
    You better watch what you say

This is not the time guys.

Sorry, you're right. We wouldn't want to transform this thread into some off-topic abomination.

Wait... $400 and it doesn't come with the watch? I thought that that was why it was so expensive... since the "toy" isn't that big.

This thread devolved into puns in seconds