Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Major US & UK Transformers conventions

Default Major US & UK Transformers conventions

Aside from BotCon in June, there are some fan-run conventions this year that are worth mentioning, and keeping in mind if you might be travelling to America or England during that time.

The TFCon in Canada - July 17-19.
    And the American TFCon, which has joined forces with Charticon - October 16-18.

Auto Assembly in England has just announced that this year will be their last - August 21-23.
    Roll Out Roll Call in England is a joint themed convention that has a partnership with FunPub - October 3-4.
    Last edited by griffin; 28th April 2016 at 07:57 PM.

Is there anything worth looking out for in aus? Kinda new to conventions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pep_87 View Post
    Is there anything worth looking out for in aus? Kinda new to conventions.
    Some Australian Conventions are posted in the Oz News section, and this topic has most of the main ones.

The Voice Actor for Blurr (John Moschitta) will be at the Canadian TFCon this year, along with Peter Cullen, which could be interesting.

(If John is still doing conventions, I hope he does another BotCon soon, as he's only been to one, and it was way back in 2000, which was the year I slept through my alarm and he was the first panel of the first day, so I missed all but 5 minutes of it... something I'll only feel better about if he's ever a guest at a future convention I go to.)

Auto-Assembly has announced for their final convention, the pairing of iconic UK Marvel comic guests - Simon Furman & Andrew Wildman.

Tickets look to still be on sale, but the hotel at the convention centre is already booked out for that weekend, so if anyone was planning to go and yet to book accommodation, check for nearby alternatives on the Auto-Assembly website.

The American TFCon in North Carolina in October is now open for registration... with only 5 months left until it begins.

Oh wait, that's not last minute at all...

The final Auto-Assembly is on next week, and it is a shame that I'll be missing it.
    Their guests include Voice Actors James Horan (TFPrime Wheeljack), Sumalee Montano (TFPrime Arcee), and Peter Spellos (RID-2001 Skybyte), plus comic people Simon Furman and Andrew Wildman.

TFCon in America in October has updated its guest list, to include comic writer James Roberts, Windblade artist Corin Howell, and voice actors Gregg Berger and Garry Chalk.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Voice Actor for Blurr (John Moschitta) will be at the Canadian TFCon this year, along with Peter Cullen, which could be interesting.

(If John is still doing conventions, I hope he does another BotCon soon, as he's only been to one, and it was way back in 2000, which was the year I slept through my alarm and he was the first panel of the first day, so I missed all but 5 minutes of it... something I'll only feel better about if he's ever a guest at a future convention I go to.)
    It's funny that with BotCon's reeeeally late announcements this year, John Moschitta was a guest at BotCon and I didn't know until after I had posted that comment above.

After the Auto Assembly convention just ended in England, a new UK convention to take it's place next year has been announced, called TFNation, for August 19-21st 2016.

Mark your calendars if you were wanting to do a UK holiday and Transformers convention next year.

In case anyone is going to the TFCon in America next month, a new guest has been announced - Dan Gilverzan, who is the voice of Gen1 Bumblebee, and one of the voices of the new Devastation game (which will be out just before the Convention).

With Gregg Berger (Grimlock) attending as well, it should be an interesting Voice Actors panel.

Some last minute updates to the guests at this months TFCon in North Carolina.
    Gary Chalk (BW Optimus Primal among others) had to cancel due to work commitments, and has been replaced with Richard Newman (BW Rhinox).
    Plus, a couple more comic and writer guests as well.