Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BotBots officially revealed

Default BotBots officially revealed

Full reveal

They actually transform to my surprise.

And there’s now a Transformer called S’up Dawg which is amazing. And another called Poo Sham!! King Toots! Sprinkleberry! How great to see some new Transformers that are all about fun.

(edit by griffin - added details from link, and mirrored images here - full size images & packaging can be seen here)

Here’s the official product blurb, courtesy of Hasbro: Not long ago and somewhere close by, a glowing mist filled with TRANSFORMERS energy called ENERGON came down from the sky and covered a shopping mall. The things inside came to life as little TRANSFORMERS robots! These bots can hide in plain sight as everyday objects, meaning no one knows what’s a bot and what’s not! Mischievous, funny, and super silly, these are… BOTBOTS!

There are 61 unique 1-inch (about 2.5cm) characters to collect in the first series of BotBots, each with their own individual personality. Like all Transformers, the characters change from an ordinary object into a little robot in just 3-5 easy steps.

The BotBots all belong to different tribes, inspired by product types you might find in a shopping centre, including the “Sugar Shocks” (sweet treats), the “Backpack Bunch” (school equipment), the “Toilet Troop” (bathroom items), the “Techie Team” (electronic gadgets), the “Greaser Gang” (fast food), the “Shed Heads” (gardening gear), and the “Jock Squad” (sporting goods).

The figures, suitable for ages 5 and up, come in individual blind bags with a RRP of £2.99 (about AU$5-6), or you can buy the tribes in packs of 5 or 8 figures.

This new range launches in December.

That promo image shows us 54 of the first 61. The remaining 7 may or may not be in one of the other photos included in the article (or the official packaging images)... I haven't made a list of them yet. (someone else can if they are keen, and post it here... or if you find a list online already, post it up, crediting the source)

Multi-Packs are partially themed - they have figures from different tribes, with most in the pack looking to be from the tribe labelled on the pack.
    Multi-Packs appear to be set assortments, with most figures being included in more than one pack (with 8 5-packs and 8 8-packs, that's already 104 before even counting the blind bag singles).
    As with most of these types of mini-collectables that are the current craze (like Shopkins and Ooshies), there will likely to be groups of rarity among the checklist of 61 figures in this first series (like, common, rare, super rare).

GREASER GANG characters are SHREDDER JACK, DUDERONI, S’UP DAWG, SPUD MUFFIN, ANGRY CHEESE, HAWT DIGGITY, FOTTLE BARTS, and TWERPLE BURPLE!

Series 1 Jock Squad characters are LACEFACE, BATSBY, KIDD KLOBBER, PUCKSIE, FIT NESS MONSTER, and ARCTIC GUZZLERUSH!

Series 1 SUGAR SHOCKS characters are SIPPY SLURPS, THE PLOP FATHER, WADDLEPOP, LOLLY LICKS, REMORSEL, SPRINKLEBERRY D’UHNUT, UNILLA ICEQUEENCONE, COCOA CRAZY, and NRJEEZ!

Series 1 TOILET TROOP characters are SERGEANT SCRUBADUB, KING TOOTS, SUDSBEARD, NOBEEOH, STINKOSAURUS REX, POO SHAM, and FROHAWK!

Series 1 TECHIE TEAM characters are SCREEN FIEND, CHILLA GORILLA, SKILLZ PUNK, S.A. CHEEZ, RADDHAX, FOMO, GOOB TOOB, and DR. MOGGLY!

Series 1: Shed Heads (no names listed)

Backpack Bunch (no names listed)

To be officially revealed to the public at the MCM Comic Con in London, October 26-28.
    Last edited by griffin; 24th October 2018 at 07:31 PM.

Well, I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't these little fellas.

Tiny shopping item collecting seems to be an increasingly big craze now, and the fact these guys transform too is quite a feat.

Certainly should be fun for young and old alike i'd say and something a little bit quirky and different.

I'm actually quite taken with these.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

My daughter and I need these in our lives.

I love Transformers, she loves Shopkins, these are made for us!

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    How great to see some new Transformers that are all about fun.
    PotP wasn't new or fun for you?

These guys look great. hopefully they won't be too hard to collect.

The pizza guy looks to be my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Vairn View Post

This! Will definitely be giving them a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Vairn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    This! Will definitely be giving them a go.
    Yeah I think my daughter would quite like them too

I just read the article. The first series has 61, 1-inch figures in blind bags for about au$5-6. That's half the size of tiny changers but the same price.
    I don't like the prospect of spending a lot of money to get a full set and ending up with a lot of spares.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I just read the article. The first series has 61, 1-inch figures in blind bags for about au$5-6. That's half the size of tiny changers but the same price.
    I don't like the prospect of spending a lot of money to get a full set and ending up with a lot of spares.
    MUST... RESIST... BUYING....

They are so damned cute. And those names... gold.

Perhaps we could set up a thread for swaps and trades of doubles when they are released?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Gotta say these look awesome. Gonna be hard to pass them up as impulse buys in shops.