Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 26th March 2018, 07:03 AM
Paulbot's Avatar
Paulbot Paulbot is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Chadstone, Vic
Posts: 14,022
Default

Looks like a hard reboot. Lost Light is going biweekly and wrapping up the current "season" at the same time the Unicron series ends (according to James Roberts on Twitter). Wreckers will wrap up. All th loose ends being tied up.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 26th March 2018, 07:45 AM
SMHFConvoy's Avatar
SMHFConvoy SMHFConvoy is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 28th Feb 2009
Location: Western Sydney
Posts: 1,685
Default

Sucks that they're doing the hard reset but considering that in the last few years Hasbro and IDW trying to fold in so many other brands into one universe, it kind of made it unwieldy.

Hopefully, a lot of the current creative roster stay on as well as things like how genderless robots have relationships and the 13 tribes.

What I don't want is manly robots fighting a 4 million year war.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 26th March 2018, 02:39 PM
reillyd reillyd is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Jan 2008
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Posts: 2,527
Default

I am slightly sceptical of their big event buildup, as none of the previous crossovers have had a huge impact except for specific characters. It sounds like more hype again, and more of a soft reboot from the newsarama article.
__________________
On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 26th March 2018, 06:44 PM
SMHFConvoy's Avatar
SMHFConvoy SMHFConvoy is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 28th Feb 2009
Location: Western Sydney
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
I am slightly sceptical of their big event buildup, as none of the previous crossovers have had a huge impact except for specific characters. It sounds like more hype again, and more of a soft reboot from the newsarama article.
That article has been updated with a quote from Barber and Roberts confirmed on twitter that IDW is doing a hard reset.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 26th March 2018, 08:17 PM
Paulbot's Avatar
Paulbot Paulbot is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Chadstone, Vic
Posts: 14,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
Sucks that they're doing the hard reset but considering that in the last few years Hasbro and IDW trying to fold in so many other brands into one universe, it kind of made it unwieldy.

Hopefully, a lot of the current creative roster stay on as well as things like how genderless robots have relationships and the 13 tribes.

What I don't want is manly robots fighting a 4 million year war.
I've seen people drawing some lines between the IDW reboot and the new toyline/trilogy from the start of next year. Combined with the new cartoon and a possible "reboot" movie series and my assumption would be possibly a new "aligned" continuity?

Just need to see if they decide to reboot as a shared universe from the start this time or if they drop that concept. I fear feel they'll go for a shared universe.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 26th March 2018, 09:39 PM
i_amtrunks's Avatar
i_amtrunks i_amtrunks is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 31st Dec 2007
Location: Western Sydney
Posts: 6,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
I've seen people drawing some lines between the IDW reboot and the new toyline/trilogy from the start of next year. Combined with the new cartoon and a possible "reboot" movie series and my assumption would be possibly a new "aligned" continuity?

Just need to see if they decide to reboot as a shared universe from the start this time or if they drop that concept. I fear feel they'll go for a shared universe.
You crossed out the wrong word...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 27th March 2018, 12:25 PM
UltraMarginal's Avatar
UltraMarginal UltraMarginal is online now
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 23rd Sep 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8,506
Default

Pete Sinclair made a bold statement on Twitter a few weeks ago that he expected by this time next year Transformers would once again be a Marvel property.

I kind of hope he's wrong, except if it did become so, there's then long term likelihood that There would be Transformers related stuff at Disney parks and I expect they would do a really good job of that, even better than Universal.
__________________
My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 27th March 2018, 12:39 PM
SMHFConvoy's Avatar
SMHFConvoy SMHFConvoy is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 28th Feb 2009
Location: Western Sydney
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
Just need to see if they decide to reboot as a shared universe from the start this time or if they drop that concept. I fear feel they'll go for a shared universe.
There's nothing wrong with a shared universe Hasbro and IDW just botched it with Revolution and it just got out of control. I hope that if they do got back to the war it's leading into it so it's less fighting and more what put these characters on their paths.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 28th March 2018, 04:05 PM
DELTAprime's Avatar
DELTAprime DELTAprime is online now
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 12th Jun 2011
Location: Gladstone
Posts: 4,065
Default IDW continuity to end!!!

James Roberts has said that the IDW continuity will end this September with the Unicron series.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/03/27/c...ptember-361438

I guess it's probably due for a reboot since it started over a decade ago.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 28th March 2018, 05:13 PM
i_amtrunks's Avatar
i_amtrunks i_amtrunks is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 31st Dec 2007
Location: Western Sydney
Posts: 6,920
Default

Great time to call my comic collecting quits and go digital only, unless something spectacular starts up from the get go on the reset... which I doubt. IDW has been on a death spiral for a while, only Lost Light and TAAO were worth reading.

No surprise that their transformers comics really went into free fall with the shared hasblow universe rubbish that really diluted the transformers brand.

At least there is a chance Kup might live for longer than a year this time around...
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.