Page 377 of 481 FirstFirst ... 357367372373374375376377378379380381382387397 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Finally got around to organising fixing a few things up on my car. I had a car last year, wasnt happy with the trade value i was offered so sold it private, and in the mean time my sister in law lent us her old car while we searched for a new one. She ended up after a couple of weeks saying we could just have it, there's no stamp duty for gifting to blood relative or something.

So after getting it serviced and the air con checked out i was looking at around 1200$ worth of fixer uppin' but I wasnt happy. Looking around got my air con resealing etc price shaved in half but the other stuff i wasnt sure, so i just got a rim from the wreckers (one was dented, tyre kept going flat) with a brand new tyre (lucky!) and just left the rest. Bit of oil leakage out the top of the engine, pulls to the left a bit, and the right shock squeaks on cold-moderate days over every tiny bump.

Fast-forward 10 months and I see the front right tyre has worn much faster than the left, and after a bit of research am told its probably the bad shock absorber. So i went to change the half bald to the spare, and find the spare rim is actually cracked. Oh well, a trip to the wreckers for another rim and nice tyre, and decided stuff it, i'll get a front strut, rocker cover, and grab a rocker gasket cover on the way home and fix it all myself. After the wreckers told me the price of everything it all added up to under $200 (crapload cheaper than midas quoted).

Get home, all geared up, jack the car up, loosen one wheel nut, second wheel nut, third wheel nut, fourth wheel nut ... snap... sheared it off... crap crap crap whats the time ? Can I go get one somewhere? 5:31 pm d'oh

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    Finally got around to organising fixing a few things up on my car. I had a car last year, wasnt happy with the trade value i was offered so sold it private, and in the mean time my sister in law lent us her old car while we searched for a new one. She ended up after a couple of weeks saying we could just have it, there's no stamp duty for gifting to blood relative or something.

So after getting it serviced and the air con checked out i was looking at around 1200$ worth of fixer uppin' but I wasnt happy. Looking around got my air con resealing etc price shaved in half but the other stuff i wasnt sure, so i just got a rim from the wreckers (one was dented, tyre kept going flat) with a brand new tyre (lucky!) and just left the rest. Bit of oil leakage out the top of the engine, pulls to the left a bit, and the right shock squeaks on cold-moderate days over every tiny bump.

Fast-forward 10 months and I see the front right tyre has worn much faster than the left, and after a bit of research am told its probably the bad shock absorber. So i went to change the half bald to the spare, and find the spare rim is actually cracked. Oh well, a trip to the wreckers for another rim and nice tyre, and decided stuff it, i'll get a front strut, rocker cover, and grab a rocker gasket cover on the way home and fix it all myself. After the wreckers told me the price of everything it all added up to under $200 (crapload cheaper than midas quoted).

Get home, all geared up, jack the car up, loosen one wheel nut, second wheel nut, third wheel nut, fourth wheel nut ... snap... sheared it off... crap crap crap whats the time ? Can I go get one somewhere? 5:31 pm d'oh
    It pulling to one side coupled with uneven tyre wear points to needing a wheel alignment dude. And before you get one done ask to see the last calibration report.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    It pulling to one side coupled with uneven tyre wear points to needing a wheel alignment dude. And before you get one done ask to see the last calibration report.
    Yeah as soon as i replace the stud, and the strut, and put the good rim on I'm taking it straight for an alignment.

One of my Classmates thought it would be a good idea to make fun out of my interests (Mostly Transformers and Drum & Bass) and I lost my cool in front of my mates. Man I seriously hate people who think they are so cool by making fun out of people who are different to them
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    One of my Classmates thought it would be a good idea to make fun out of my interests (Mostly Transformers and Drum & Bass) and I lost my cool in front of my mates. Man I seriously hate people who think they are so cool by making fun out of people who are different to them
    That person sounds like a tool. Be the bigger person dude. If you own it, then they can't make you feel bad, and they end up looking like the bigger loser.

I used to get embarrassed about my interests too, but now once I start talking about it to people or putting it into perspective for them, they tend to actually seem slightly interested or at least stop taking digs.

I've been in my new job for almost a year and over a week it's quickly become an untenable situation. Have had to defer elective surgery twice because of work trips and now an event. Will be seeing my GP to discuss the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I've been in my new job for almost a year and over a week it's quickly become an untenable situation. Have had to defer elective surgery twice because of work trips and now an event. Will be seeing my GP to discuss the issue.
    Damn that sucks. I'd be forcing the issue a bit that work gets a bit flexible to meet your needs. After all, can't be doing your job 100% if you're crook.

Bah - first time my birthday is falling on a Saturday in nearly 10 years and we've been invited to a wedding on the other side of the state

Was planning a big bonfire and everything - ah well

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Bah - first time my birthday is falling on a Saturday in nearly 10 years and we've been invited to a wedding on the other side of the state

Was planning a big bonfire and everything - ah well
    At least you'll get a free feed on your birthday
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

if they were really thoughtful, your bit of cake would have a candle in it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)