Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Prowl coming from Hasbro this year?

Default MP Prowl coming from Hasbro this year?

A TFW member who has a significant News Credit score (so shouldn't be making this up), has claimed to find the Masterpiece Prowl in the American ToysRUs computer for US$60.

No details on release date or accessories... but if it is true, we should see it here as well.
    Hopefully confirmation comes through soon, especially as other people will start searching the US TRU computers as well.

If true, perhaps Hasbro didn't have the same licensing issues with Nissan that they did with Lamborghini.... and that should also mean Bluestreak and Smokescreen would follow.

At $60 its not that much cheaper. Be good for those who missed out though

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

MP Prowl will make it to OZ for sure, I know it.

Because I bought him from ebay this week for a bit of an inflated price!

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Actually more expensive excluding shipping. And they'll probably change the colour scheme.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Well if this is true I'll be selling off my spare takara prowl.

Here's hoping we get an announcement at U.S toy fair next week
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Actually more expensive excluding shipping. And they'll probably change the colour scheme.
    so skipping sideswipe? hopefuly different colour scheme or something different otherwise this wont be a purchasse for me. i think he'll come with two of the amazon missle launchers as hasbro has so far been toy accurate with their releases (roddy and soundwave).

The price isnt appealing for early adopters.

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    It's only cheaper compared to preorder prices. It's still cheaper than TakaraTOMY's regular retail price (6090JPY = $68, and that's not including postage). So it's a notable saving vs TakTOM's RRP, but not a huge difference as we saw with Hasbro's MP10 and MP Soundwave/cassettes. So I reckon it's not a fantastic price, but not bad either (JMO). But of course, the question will also come down to value for money. What cosmetic differences are Hasbro going to make? It won't be too bad if it's in the same spirit as MP Soundwave where the Hasbro version was nearly as good as the TakTOM version (a bit less silver and metallic paints replacing chrome -- the yellow visor isn't any better or worse in principle, although the QC was poor (re: circles)). But if the Hasbro version can be even nearly as good as the TakTOM version, then $60 isn't too bad a price to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    so skipping sideswipe?
    I guess they couldn't secure the Lamborghini licence. :/

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    hopefuly different colour scheme or something different otherwise this wont be a purchasse for me. i think he'll come with two of the amazon missle launchers as hasbro has so far been toy accurate with their releases (roddy and soundwave).
    If Hasbro are able to use the Amazon launchers, they should paint Prowl's ones metallic grey on the launcher half (to match the G1 toy), and Bluestreak's should be red. Prowl's cartoon model is already fairly toy-accurate, I'm not sure what more they could do to make that toy more toy-accurate (other than making the eyes silver, but I don't think that would look good on an MP). Bluestreak on the other hand they could significant redeco to look more like the toy. Red eyes & lose the black car deco. As for Smokescreen, they could improve it by filling in the gaps in the vehicle mode with grills. It might mean a more plain deco for the overall toy itself though.

Great news if true. Even if it's not something you can save a lot on anyway, it shows that Hasbro want to back the Masterpiece western release whenever possible. Great news for future releases.

I will buy the hell out of this if it is in Mexican colours or Nel Yomtov colours.

(Yeah, I'm guessing I won't be buying this.)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I find it to be a joke if they cannot release sideswipe as there are so many Lamborghini toy cars floating around.

$60 means I will continue to buy takara version. There are many stores selling at 5200¥