While searching the interwebs tonight, I came across some marketing archives that had several Transformers advertising projects on them for different countries around the world.
I have saved copies of each image for my own news archives, but I'm not going to risk hosting them publicly, in case there are ownership issues that could get us in trouble (each were watermarked or partially obscured to force people to register to view).
I've therefore included as much info and links as possible for people to view if they are curious enough to.

February 2004 (Malaysia) - Print advertisement for Transformers, featuring Masterpiece Optimus, with the tagline "buy a truck and get a Robot free".

June 2006 (United States) - Marketing pitch/strategy for the first Movie in America, with some interesting stats for pitching to potential investors and licensees in the future... in particular, that Hasbro was willing to put at risk the 20 year reputation of the Transformers Brand by giving free reign to Paramount (and Michael Bay) so that they could hope to reap Millions of Dollars revenue from a Zero Dollar expenditure on their part. NOTE - the June 2006 date might mean June 2007, as the details on the pitch itself includes details from April 2007.
(click on the image to view larger sizes, and read through the watermarking - or download the image from behind the watermarking if your browser can do it)

June 2007 (United States) - Mountain Dew commercial, featuring a transforming Toaster (two years later we had a toy toaster called Ejector).
Since the video won't play for guests at that link, there is a copy on Youtube.

July 2007 (United States) - Ebay random draw competition. Click on the button for a random prize, with transforming sound. NOTE - this is just a copy of the web-widget to promote the creator's wares, so it is NOT connected to ebay OR generate any prizes. (reload the page the reset it if you want to play the widget or sound again)

August 2007 (United Kingdom) - ToysRUs/Chevrolet "Search for the Allspark" promotion to win one of 10 cars. Ten Movie toys have a glow-in-the-dark symbols inserted in their packaging, and if you find one, you call a number to claim your car. (how funny would it be if one or more was sitting in some MISB collector's room right now... and they never knew that they could have won a car)
There was also a mail-in portion of the competition, to win one of 100 toy bundles.

May 2009 (Australia) - Mobile device campaign to promote the TF2 Movie through bluetooth "spamming" of people in public areas.
(click on the image to view larger sizes, and read through the watermarking - or download the image from behind the watermarking if your browser can do it)

August 2009 (New Zealand) - Transformable billboard (think origami) advertising the premiere of the 2007 Movie on Channel 3 TV.

August 2012 (United States) - A statistical report on the results of a promotion campaign for Kreo in America, using 5 stop-motion videos on Youtube and TV during 2011. An unobscured copy of this image can be seen here, but it doesn't work on some browsers (try Explorer if you have trouble). Stats quoted - 67% increase in Kreo sales over the 4 month promotion period... 69% of boys knew of Kreo after just 10 weeks... 72% now knew it was different to Lego... 68% of boys were intending to purchase Kreo. There is no source listed to those stats, so there is no proof that they are true.

June 2013 (France) - Origami Starscream... in both modes!!! According to this link, a professional Origamist was hired to create an origami Transformers figure that can be folded to make either mode (but requires attaching parts for the robot mode). The point is to indirectly promote Transformers in France by giving out this free origami sheet, but I have no idea how it was distributed (maybe flyers or in a newspaper). The instructions are in French, but the diagrams should be detailed enough to follow, at either link. If someone does this, please post up some photos.

I spent about 3 hours researching these, downloading images and posting this up... so let's see if a particular Global TFs fansite (that will remain anonymous) copies my work wholesale again without any credit to my hours working on it.