Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Licensed Easter items

Default Licensed Easter items

Found in the last week are some licensed Transformers Easter items, following the renewed surge of items at last Christmas.

Two so far found, so there might be more, as BigW and Target have been the usual sources in previous years.
    (post here if you find any other items or other stores with these)

A ceramic mug with a large egg - $6 at Coles, $7 at Woolies.

A foil cup with bendy straw and small eggs - $5 at Woolies.

As much as I would normally be cringing at the crazy early Easter stuff being up, I am instead doing a dance of joy and screaming "AWESOME!" because my hubby will be in Sydney next week and I will be making him stock up on these to bring back for my sprogs (and maybe a mug for me) since Hong Kong doesn't do Easter eggs (and when they do they are insanely expensive British things that taste pretty gah).

Grabbed a ceramic mug from my local Coles, went back for groceries the next day and noticed shelf was bare

Must be popular with the young folk of today

Some photos of these two items out of packaging...

Only two small eggs in the plastic cup... and neither is worth more than a dollar (priced at $5-7 in stores) as the plastic cup is very cheap and thin, while the cup is small (and mine was defective).

Inside the cup was a crack, which is through the glaze, which means that liquid can get into the ceramic... and maybe eventually leak through to the outside of the cup.

I filled it with water to see if it would leak to the outside, but it didn't. It did leave a mark under the glaze though, which is moisture absorbed by the ceramic, which won't dry out and will lead to mould.

A little later, the mark was bigger.

I hope this isn't a common thing from whatever cheap source they use for these... and if by chance you buy one and get a cracked cup, get an exchange from the store.

The chocolate was nicer than usual... but not enough to recommend either of these items. They were both too small for a sippy cup or coffee cup... and expensive for that size.

Megatran Guest

Aldi has a Childrens Breakfast Set.

Contains Chocolate egg 60g, mug, plastic plate & plastic spoon. Retail $8.99.

The item found at Aldi, mirrored here until I get a photo in person. (should be available at other stores, as it is by the same company as all the others... not an Aldi brand)

At Target I found the mugs again for $6...

Plus two new items (quite a few this Easter... but all Movie themed, and all are more expensive than they should be).

Metal tins like in 2010 and 2011 (or 2012), but this time there are two different ones - Optimus and Bumblebee (using the "High Octane" art). Each is $15, containing 10 small-ish eggs.

The lids are moulded, so that the art is raised above the lid... and the bases are different to each instead of just one that can go with either lid.

But not all are properly matched up, as this Optimus lid had a Bumblebee base, and the barcode/info/ingredients label noted that it was the Bumblebee Tin.

The Tins are nice and sturdy, and great for storing small Transformers or accessories, but not at $15.

Hubby brought back 3 of the ceramic mugs for us. All seem fine. He did comment that he had to go to 3 different stores to find them as they were sold out in the first 2 places he went.

Is nice to know Transformers merch is selling in OZ.

I bought that ceramic cup the other week at Coles for $4.50. Nice but too small for my Tetley tea sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Hubby brought back 3 of the ceramic mugs for us. All seem fine. He did comment that he had to go to 3 different stores to find them as they were sold out in the first 2 places he went.

Is nice to know Transformers merch is selling in OZ.
    That's true, as I was at Coles at Sunnybank today and the box of 12 licensed mugs was empty of the 4 Transformers mugs and 4 Avengers mugs, but all 4 Hot Wheels mugs were still there.

I want the two metal tins from Target to display with the previous two tins, but don't want to pay $30 for them... but not sure if I should risk waiting until after easter when things are half price, just in case the tins sell out before easter.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

I want the two metal tins from Target to display with the previous two tins, but don't want to pay $30 for them... but not sure if I should risk waiting until after easter when things are half price, just in case the tins sell out before easter.
    Do what I did, indulge yourself by getting the Prime one, but leave the Bumblebee one for the sales. That way if everything goes udders up and they sell out you at least have one, and conversely if there are still a ton left you didn't pay full price for both