Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second wave Hero Mashers

Default Second wave Hero Mashers

From the Columbian Facebook page comes images of more of the Heroes Mashers, which are likely to be second wave (first wave is still not out yet).

The three shown off are...
    Rodimus - Gen1
    Jetfire - Gen1 ish
    Heatwave - Collector Club 2009 Membership figure?

If that third one is indeed based on the Collector Club Mirrorverse Deluxe toy, it is a strange, obscure character to pick for this line, which has so far been a small select range of Gen1 and Movie characters.

TFCC Heatwave is totally random

I could understand if it was Rescue Bots Heatwave, but this is a very interesting character selection.

It might be one of the ones I pick up

I might go Rodimus and maybe Jetfire from Wave 2. The first wave just showed up on shelves in the states. Even though they are mostly G1 based I'll probably skip'em all except for Springer.

The pics of Wave 1 have some of the characters with an extra arm included -Optimus with Ultra Magnus, Megatron with Skywarp, Bulkhead with Cliffjumper and saying on the box "Mash up with (insert name)!" Anyone know what thats about?

We actually had the Hero Mashers sighted here before America... by about a day. That still counts as world first.

There are four size classes...

Figures (which are singles) - a single figure with all the parts being their own parts.

Battle Upgrade - a single figure with a handful of extra parts that are from someone else. (you can't create the entire "bonus" figure, as the boxes only hold some of their limbs)

Double Up (2-pack) - two full single figures.

Electronic - a single figure with a greater number of add-on parts with one or two being electronic/light-up.

I really don't understand these. Why would anyone want to add arms and legs from one character and add them to another so that it does not match?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I really don't understand these. Why would anyone want to add arms and legs from one character and add them to another so that it does not match?
    They might be post modern exquisite corpse aficionados?
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Because these are toys for children designed to encourage imagination and creativity, maybe?

Or, you know, to make Spider-Hulk. That's the other reason, at least with the Marvel ones.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    We actually had the Hero Mashers sighted here before America... by about a day. That still counts as world first.

Which shops? Going to Melb tomorrow for a wedding so may get a chance to do some TF shopping

Battle Upgrade - a single figure with a handful of extra parts that are from someone else. (you can't create the entire "bonus" figure, as the boxes only hold some of their limbs)
    So is it a case of if you buy different figures you get different parts? (e.g, Ultra Magnus' arm with Optimus, his torso with someone else etc) Or is a matter that they just put in a random part of another character? (you can get Skywarps arm with Megatron but the rest of him is non-existent)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Which shops? Going to Melb tomorrow for a wedding so may get a chance to do some TF shopping
    Pssst.... check the First Sightings topic for new stuff (third last post).

So is it a case of if you buy different figures you get different parts? (e.g, Ultra Magnus' arm with Optimus, his torso with someone else etc) Or is a matter that they just put in a random part of another character? (you can get Skywarps arm with Megatron but the rest of him is non-existent)
    They should be the same part in every pack. I don't think too many people would be too impressed if they needed to buy 6 Megatrons just to make one Skywarp. At least other build-up figures come packed in with different toys, so that you don't have to buy duplicates... just character toys you may not have originally intended to buy.

They should be the same part in every pack. I don't think too many people would be too impressed if they needed to buy 6 Megatrons just to make one Skywarp. At least other build-up figures come packed in with different toys, so that you don't have to buy duplicates... just character toys you may not have originally intended to buy.
    No, I get that every Megatron will come with only a skywarps arm. what I meant was that I could see you could get Ultra Magnus' arm with Optimus, Skywarps arm with Megatron and Cliffjumpers arm with Bulkhead, but I saw no other characters that had say, Cliffjumpers torso or Ultra Magnus' head. So I was wondering if eventually these other parts will be released too (you have to buy say maybe Optimus, Sandstorm, Kup, Guzzle and Roadbuster and each has a different part of Ultra Magnus - a bit like Transmutate with the Beast Wars Anniversary Toys) or whether they are just random appendages and there is no toy to complete? So