Thread: Gen1 6-inch Titans - more planned or cancelled?

Default Gen1 6-inch Titans - more planned or cancelled?

Over on Seibertron is a sighting of some toys (the Gen1 6-inch Titans that were previously released as SDCC exclusives in 2012) that were actually released five months ago, but was recently found in a discount store.
    That in itself is not news... but on the back of its label is indication that four more were planned, but never made it. Or maybe they are coming later.

The 2012 SDCC exclusive 5-pack had Optimus, Grimlock, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream.

The first wave of Gen1 retail release figures in November 2013 was just Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave and Starscream (no Grimlock).
    However, on the back of the label for those four is a list of eight to collect. The extra four are Grimlock, Bumblebee, Shockwave and Wheeljack - the last three of those are would be new moulds that have not been seen anywhere yet. So, do they exist, and are they still coming... or did they get cancelled?

And if they are cancelled, that would probably mean the four Starscream redecos in a leaked Columbian catalogue mid-last year (Skywarp, Thundercracker, Acid Storm, Sunstorm), are also cancelled.

Yes... I know that most fans hate these non-converting, immobile lumps of plastic, but I kinda liked the cartoony feel to these 6-inch titans, so I'm hoping that they are still coming... and that the extra three moulds come out too.

I've only seen someone post a sighting on facbook - Philippine local retail release of four - Megatron, Optimus, Starscream and Soundwave. Didn't think much about it til I saw this thread...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Actually, these are quite popular and sell really well here in HK. (and the US/Canada). I REALLY liked them for their simplicity and their G1 cartoon likeness.
    Soundwave was the hardest one to find of the other released figures and I can't help wondering if he was shortpacked. Megatron was the easiest and still available in some stores. Optimus and Starscream sold out very quickly.
    If I see them release the new set of 4 or any of the seeker redecos I'll let you know.

The only other Transformers sets like this available around here at the moment (and getting harder to find as they were released ages ago) are the Transformers Prime Beast Hunter versions - Optimus, a black Megatron, Shockwave and a really ugly Bumblebee I think it was. They were released before the G1 characters but BH Megs and Shockwave have been shelf warming in my local stores for ages.