Page 336 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 316326331332333334335336337338339340341346356 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

There are dozens of types of plastics (the combination of 'ingredients' within them), so some are more prone to decay/yellowing than others. Some inserts may be different plastics to others, if they are more likely to be found yellowed.

In the G1 cartoon did bluestreaks car mode have anymore black on it other than the bonnet?

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    In the G1 cartoon did bluestreaks car mode have anymore black on it other than the bonnet?
    don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Keep in mind that Classicsverse Ironhide/Ratchet was a VERY ambitious toy. Remember that the Sunbow/Marvel model effectively cheated by making half the vehicle mode disappear when transformed to robot mode. You look at the original G1 figures which has the primary robot and the 'mobile deck' - where did this deck go in robot mode? It only ever appeared once in the cartoon -- every other time it just seemed to vanish into thin air.

HasTak have tried to make Ironhide and Ratchet transform from a van/ambulance into a robot that resembles the G1 Sunbow/Marvel model, but of course, all those vehicle parts have to go somewhere. And I think they've done a reasonable job trying to incorporate all that vehicle mass into the robot mode without making it a massive backpackformer like say Animated Wreck Gar or worse still, Cybertron Decepticon Thunderblast. The only thing that bugs me with Ironhide and Ratchet is the way the heads are sculpted looking down (Silverbolt has the same issue) -- but otherwise all things considered I think they did an amazing job lad, amazing. They even fixed that nasty burr in my rotator. Now let's find the Dinobots and get off this twisted planet!

I totally agree with Goktimus here, this toy, while not as elegant as some of the other classics/universe line, is a great recreation of ironhide/ratchet. I only have the ratchet and being that people are so adamant that it was never released here I must have picked it up in the states while on my honeymoon.

The "looking down/leaning can be fixed, with a good craft knife and some creative modding, it's almost as though the original model wasn't checked for clashes properly before production. if you google "fix classics ironhide" or something along those lines there are several differnt pages that used to exist. It has a fairly unique transformation, I recommend getting one not to keep in a sealed box, so you can see how it transforms.

I'm not a fan of the rest of the Geewun 'Classics', but I do like Ironhide/Ratchet - it is a great mould, a clever puzzleformer that's like a Rubik's Cube - you have to do all the rotations in the right order to 'solve' the toy.

Default Lockable Cabinets?

Okay so I have a room that's mainly dedicated to TFs now, however they're just in piles of larger cardboard boxes and do need to be blocked access to unwanted guests (in particular infant relatives that'll just rip at anything because it's a natural thing to do at 3). Any ideas on how to provide a safe container for my TFs? like I want a light type of cupboard that has a lock or something. Does anyone know where I can get a decently priced one? Thanks, Skywarp91.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to simply put a lock on the collection room door rather than getting locks for every single cabinet door? <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to simply put a lock on the collection room door rather than getting locks for every single cabinet door? <shrug>
    Note: there is no door to this room as it is a very small room.

Saw this Gobot item listed on ebay (in the TFs section), and was wondering if it was a KO of the BW2 Decoy Ship, or if the Decoy Ship was actually a copy of this Gobot toy.

I couldn't find the Decoy Ship on the tfwiki.net site to see if it's origin was mentioned. Since that is one cartoon I've never seen (I don't think it has been officially released), I had thought that the Decoy Ship playset was based on something in the BWII cartoon. Now it just looks like a cheap toy reproduction cashing in on a cartoon it isn't even in.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Okay so I have a room that's mainly dedicated to TFs now, however they're just in piles of larger cardboard boxes and do need to be blocked access to unwanted guests (in particular infant relatives that'll just rip at anything because it's a natural thing to do at 3). Any ideas on how to provide a safe container for my TFs? like I want a light type of cupboard that has a lock or something. Does anyone know where I can get a decently priced one? Thanks, Skywarp91.
    I'd suggest perhaps one of those toddler gate things you can buy, literally expands to fill the doorway, looks like a little pool fence. don't know how effective it would be on a 3 year old though. or where you would actually purchase one.

other than that, ikea sell some reasonable display cabinets with locks, though to have enough to display what sounds like an impressive collection, you might have to spend several hundred, close to 1000 I'm guessing.

The other option is a motion sensetive sentry gun with a 10000 paintball hopper.