Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phantom Zone Parramatta closes down

Default Phantom Zone Parramatta closes down

This is so sad. I've been buying comic books including TF comics from Phantom Zone Parramatta since 1990. This really sucks. I guess I'll have to look into collecting TF comics as TPBs rather than individual issues, but this will also mean a big lag between when stories are released and when I'll get around to reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Zone
    *************************** IMPORTANT ******************************
    After 30 years in the biz and a short stint online, we have decided to close the store for good. We are saddened by the decision but thankful for all of your support and patronage over the years. Some of you have become life-long friends and we look back on our time with you all fondly.

What this means for you? Unfortunately we will not be able to fulfil any future orders. This weeks comics will be our last delivery. We will be processing all remaining items aside for you all by the end of the week.

>>> If your card doesn't go through, or your invoice is unpaid as of end of business Friday 29th March, we will have to sell your comics on. <<<

We are in contact with our fellow stores in NSW and have given them a heads up that some of you will likely switch your orders to them. We will continue you aide you in this transition and we hope you support our fellow stores, showing them the same love and loyalty to have afforded us. Phantom Phans we have spoken to Glenn and the Frew team and they will keep your subscriptions running if you so wish.

All the best,
    Ys, Pia, Liz and Caitlyn

it is a sad time indeed, i remember its old location on the other side of the tracks, and the many franchises they had around, but gone are the glory days of the Comic Book (And trading card) life

Comic Shop in Liverpool or Kings comics in Sydney both offers mailing services if you need your fix

or you could do what many have done and gone digital....(which may or may not be the cause of the decline in B&M stores)
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

End of an era. I remember days when I went to my Mum's office and I would grab comics from this place as it was literally just across the street. I haven't collected any comics in a while, but it's still sad to see this place go.

[QUOTE=Sharky;608442]it is a sad time indeed, i remember its old location on the other side of the tracks, and the many franchises they had around, but gone are the glory days of the Comic Book (And trading card) life/QUOTE]

Ah man I remember also visiting the one in Chatswood back in the day. Sad times indeed
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    it is a sad time indeed, i remember its old location on the other side of the tracks, and the many franchises they had around, but gone are the glory days of the Comic Book (And trading card) life

Comic Shop in Liverpool or Kings comics in Sydney both offers mailing services if you need your fix

or you could do what many have done and gone digital....(which may or may not be the cause of the decline in B&M stores)
    Was there a wrestling merchandise shop there too? I seem to remember one being there years ago a few doors down from TPZ.

Sad indeed. I used to love going there and buy things every so often.

I remember working there for a long stretch, moving the store from across the station down to the old Roxy cinemas.

definitely the end of an era, the Parramatta store I only ever visited when I went to the Parramatta fair but when I lived in Chatswood for a few years the local one there was my go to comic shop.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Very sad news, but news I had been expecting for the last few years.

Always helpful and friendly and knew their stuff. Always felt better buying in a parra or Chatswood than going into Kings.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That's sad.

I went there ever so infrequently, however it was always exciting when I did. Mainly because I was looking for something I couldn't find and had heard on the grapevine that they had one.

It would always be high anticipation and normally paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    I'm in an awful rut where I buy both, physical and digital. I've trained myself to enjoy reading digital, especially how handy it is with travel and public transport but the collector in me won't let me stop buying the floppies.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

I'm in an awful rut where I buy both, physical and digital. I've trained myself to enjoy reading digital, especially how handy it is with travel and public transport but the collector in me won't let me stop buying the floppies.
    this is what i do, although marvel make it so much easier including Digital with purchase, and honestly i think the price we pay for IDW comics it should be included with those as well..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy