Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Old 16th September 2018, 03:31 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
People in America are getting shipping notifications and charges for their Counterpunch toys today, so it's being released on schedule... but... it is now listed as out of stock, so hopefully that doesn't mean that they over-sold this as a pre-order and some of us aren't going to get one.
Yeah, I've had mine on pre-order for ages, still no movement on the order on my end either - but no cancellation either, so...
Old 16th September 2018, 04:33 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

He's back in stock for the US. I suspect they just get their stock in batches. Given they know the number of preorders, I'm sure they'll have ordered more than enough
Old 16th September 2018, 06:02 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
He's back in stock for the US. I suspect they just get their stock in batches. Given they know the number of preorders, I'm sure they'll have ordered more than enough

At least if it was back in stock, it should mean that they have covered all pre-orders. (it's out of stock again)

It is their exclusive in America, so it isn't about what they wanted to order from Hasbro (or even be able to order more), but how many units Hasbro had made for them in that single production run... and for Amazon to not presell over that amount. Hasbro won't have more on hand, because they can't sell them to anyone else.

If Amazon had run out of stock, then it either means that Hasbro didn't supply what they had promised to Amazon, or Amazon didn't cut off pre-orders before that allocated amount was reached.

Mine still says that it is "shipping soon"... and I haven't been charged for it either, so who knows what's happening. If they fail to supply to non-Americans on this one, it's not going to be a good start for Amazon Australia, after the MP Ironhide and POTP Nemesis Prime failures.
Old 16th September 2018, 08:24 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Mine still says "We've got your order". It's close to shipping soon in the little progress bar, but not there yet.

I don't have fear it will be cancelled, but I just want to know when Amazon will be charging me at this point because of budgeting till the next pay day when I become "rich" again.
Old 16th September 2018, 09:38 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

No movement on mine sending/charging yet either, I ordered this one on the first day of pre-order so I was expecting/hoping him to get sent out quicker than the last one but I guess not.

But as long as I get him and his box to go with the others I'll be happy.
Old 16th September 2018, 10:18 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I only ordered mine a few days ago along with some Porgs (to get free shipping) and the Porgs were shipped yesterday.
Old 17th September 2018, 07:58 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

....is Amazon turning into the new Premium Collectables?
Old 17th September 2018, 08:15 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Reading on Twitter comments that the toy arriving in the US is missambled and needs some work to fix the shoulders. So maybe a minor delay and not getting a maybe defective first batch is a good thing?
Old 17th September 2018, 10:46 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
Reading on Twitter comments that the toy arriving in the US is missambled and needs some work to fix the shoulders. So maybe a minor delay and not getting a maybe defective first batch is a good thing?
What kinda work are we talking, need any tools for these fixes?

I'll cancel it otherwise, not jumping into another qc nightmare
Old 18th September 2018, 05:36 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

The fix has been tweeted out and was posted first on TFW, but Seibertron have posted up photos to make it easier to follow.