Thread: IDW comic - Transformers Movie Sequel: The Reign of Starscream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    My guess would be that the book will feature current extra toys (like the Scouts and some of the deluxes) and that it will end with a return to the status quo in time for the second movie.
    +1. Which is pretty sad actually b/c it makes buying the book almost worthless. Hopefully they make the journey more interesting than the destination and make it something worthwhile to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    +1. Which is pretty sad actually b/c it makes buying the book almost worthless. Hopefully they make the journey more interesting than the destination and make it something worthwhile to remember.
    +1 here too, I expect everything that happens in Movie based Comics to be completely disregarded by the TF2 writers, making these comics more of a "what-if" style series.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I hope it's not a what-if story.

I would prefer an expanded universe story that is in-canon but doesn't disrupt the 'main' continuity (i.e.: returns everything to status-quo by the end). We've historically had some pret-ty freaking awesome stories that were produced as "peripheral" stories -- just look at the Time Wars! It's absolutely in-canon yet didn't disrupt mainstream (US) G1 continuity (because it only killed off characters that didn't appear in the US comics).

I would greatly prefer something like that - something that attempts to fill in the gap between movies 1 and 2.

yeh im kinda iffy, i dunt want anything to conflict with MB story, but also want it to be a continuity in a different story from the movie?\

how much are the four prequel comics by the way?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion