Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SD watches Victory

Do we really need this much Star Wars discussion in a Victory thread?

And Goktimus, is your current signature a spoiler for Victory?

I've not watched Victory yet as I've still got about 15 episodes of Masterforce left to watch.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 29th December 2008 at 10:20 AM.

I agree that Victory does get better as it goes along, but I think your first post, SilverDragon, nailed it for me. There are some better episodes through it, but in the end I just can't handle the all invincible Star Saber. And the fact that the Autobots still get surprised when the Decepticons attack something.... come on.

It reminds me of Voltron - once Star Saber combines into his largest form, the episode is basically over.

I am not criticising those who like this series, just saying it is not for me. I have dug up my old comics to try and restore what I originally loved about TFs.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    I agree that Victory does get better as it goes along, but I think your first post, SilverDragon, nailed it for me. There are some better episodes through it, but in the end I just can't handle the all invincible Star Saber. And the fact that the Autobots still get surprised when the Decepticons attack something.... come on.

It reminds me of Voltron - once Star Saber combines into his largest form, the episode is basically over.

I am not criticising those who like this series, just saying it is not for me. I have dug up my old comics to try and restore what I originally loved about TFs.
    I agree with that but I reckon that Victory handles it fairly well in order to not make it boring as they have fun characters and some plot variations. I like Masterforce much better though because its a much more mature story even if a bit overly fantastical.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot
    nd Goktimus, is your current signature a spoiler for Victory?

I've not watched Victory yet as I've still got about 15 episodes of Masterforce left to watch.
    I have addressed your question here and also spawned another discussion regarding spoiler policy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Do we really need this much Star Wars discussion in a Victory thread?
    Yes everyone, please try to limit the non-Transformers (like Star Wars) content on this Transformers forum. At least, outside of the 'Non-Transformers' sections. That doesn't mean you can't refer to or briefly mention non-TFs stuff, but just limit the proportion of it here.
    Thankyou.