Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324 LastLast

Thread: April's Automatons

Aw man, all these triple-changers are looking really goood. I'm holding out for Takara Springer, I hope he has a nice deco, although the Hasbro one looks mighty tempting. :s

Not a lot this month:

Just waiting on Grimlock and Blaster and then I'll have all the FOC bots I need. The cyber slammer took only three days to get here from San Francisco. :| The seller had bent the card to get it into the dhl box, but it seems to have straightened out just fine after spending a week under something heavy.

Evil Jazz gets a friend. It's himself. He has no friends.

And these arrived at the start of the month:

Ah! Even the boxes are tiny and adorable. Perfect! Also, Jazz is actually a more intense shade of green than the promo shots. A new racing sponsor? Midori's Sportscar. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    The AUTOBOT Invitational by Tom Whalen arrived today, it sure looks sharp! Now it has the long wait until I choose, save for, and buy a frame.

Fort Max!

I also had 2 used glass cabinets delivered but they are unfinished and I expect it to be another slow project..
    Cool! I love Tom Whalen's work, and these prints are breathtaking. Still haven't got frames for any of mine either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I'm very impressed with Fallback's weapon! Quagma is quark gluon matter (in plasma phase) which has a temperature around the 4 trillion degree mark (again theoretical though tentatively achieved at Brooklyn's heavy ion collider). Given that the centre of the sun is around the 27 million degree mark at its core (through nuclear fusion) this new minibot may well be the trump card team Prime needs to turn the tide in the war!
    What! Weapons like that should be illegal! :P It's weird how he only has a fireblast score of 8 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Got these babies in the post today. Pretty happy with the lot. The Combiner Kreons box is pretty nice. I was rather surprised at how catching they are.

My Ginrai has the correct amount of proper arms now! Oh happy day!
    Finally! What is this, number four?
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

received this from HK yesterday.

and this today from Singapore to go into my DoTM collection.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post

Ah! Even the boxes are tiny and adorable. Perfect! Also, Jazz is actually a more intense shade of green than the promo shots. A new racing sponsor? Midori's Sportscar. Come on.
    'Midori' just means "green" in Japanese, so 'Midorino Sports Car" just means "Green Sports Car." The orange highlights make him look like he's trying to blend with the Mystery Machine!

"I am Oobidoob Benubi, I have the silliest name in the galaxy."
    "What's your middle name?"
    "Scooby-Dooby."
    "Oobidoob Scooby-dooby Benubi?!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZICz8jBhY_o

Where did you get the BeCool toys from? I was wanting to get some of the JP exclusive coloured ones, but since BotShots are hard to find online, the JP versions are even harder to find.

Megatron Guest

Very busy month for me so not very many purchases at all, but I love what I got:

Ani dlx Soundwave
    Final Battle Jazz
    Heroes Of Cybertron Starscream w/ crown
    Robot Heroes "Decepticon Sneak Attack"

All MISB/MOSC, thanks to Aqua Prime!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Where did you get the BeCool toys from? I was wanting to get some of the JP exclusive coloured ones, but since BotShots are hard to find online, the JP versions are even harder to find.
    Hobbylink Japan had them, but seem to have sold out - looks like tinyJazz could have bought them all. They still have some of the other exclusives though: http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?W...SeriesID2=5560

Evil Jazz gets a friend. It's himself. He has no friends.
    If you haven't already learnt this - be careful when deploying the guns in vehicle mode - they can crack the paint job on his roof. Also, I'm amused by the number of Jazzes you're buying to display them in multiple modes.

A lil late in listing these but meh lol.

Really dig Ramhorn, possibly my favourite so far. One of the barrels on Bruticus' cannon is on the wrong way around, going to have to email BBTS or Fansproject in getting a replacement. And one of the piledrivers for Yin & Yang won't open up to slip the arm i, and therefore I broke it a little. Have to try and get a replacement for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    A lil late in listing these but meh lol.

[snip]

Really dig Ramhorn, possibly my favourite so far. One of the barrels on Bruticus' cannon is on the wrong way around, going to have to email BBTS or Fansproject in getting a replacement. And one of the piledrivers for Yin & Yang won't open up to slip the arm i, and therefore I broke it a little. Have to try and get a replacement for that too.
    Awesome loot, shame about the couple of issues though. Always seems to be the way. I got a DOTM Leader Sentinel Prime the other month and most of him is bogged. Multiple places in his leg are cracked or molded wrong. The electronics are stuffed, some parts in his chest are the wrong size causing the screws to be pushed out and cause stress marks over him. Needless to say he doesn't transform into the vehicle mode. Least he looks nice after me fixing him up, but his stuck in robot form now. Need to get another

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Hobbylink Japan had them, but seem to have sold out - looks like tinyJazz could have bought them all. They still have some of the other exclusives though: http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?W...SeriesID2=5560
    Hey, not true! I only bought like, five of them. They still had "Low Stock", after they processed my order.

Anyway griff, if you're having trouble tracking down Jazz, let me know. Technically, I have a spare, I don't think I need to keep a blindbox sealed for display.

If you haven't already learnt this - be careful when deploying the guns in vehicle mode - they can crack the paint job on his roof. Also, I'm amused by the number of Jazzes you're buying to display them in multiple modes.
    Thanks for the heads up dude, I wasn't aware of the gun issues. I've noticed the guns make the loudest snap I've heard from any transformer though, so it doesn't surprise me.
    I think the multiples will turn out to be either a really good, or a really bad idea.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

It's been a nice wind up for the month:

I'm amazed at how tiny this one is, smaller than a credit card!

A big thanks to Board member UltraMagnus for these (Cheers mate!)

Not in the photo but I hadn't realised the "animal" 'bot is on the flip side of the coin!

And these two are brilliant. I skipped Animated Blitzy because I couldn't get past the "deformed" style of animated, but this version just looks sweet!