Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robotech Academy

Default Robotech Academy

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    If not for the reasons some think. I want the kickstarter to succeed, purely so we can all watch HG fail miserably. $500K for only a pilot? Why can't they back this pilot themselves or secure an investor, like EVERY OTHER production company does?

It's a con. Purely so they can do something with the IP and getting other people to pay for it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I didn't know Robotech word still exist. lol

No idea con or what sort, but they could make Robotech II based on the books. I have the whole set, and love it.

if its under kickstarted, I wonder who hold the right to the profits or patents...

Hahahaha, that's Gold. This is indeed a scam. Years of sitting on the IP doing ***all collecting dough and now they want half a mil for a pilot?

Hmmm...I hope it isn't a scam, I love robotech :-/

Forgive my pessimism, but Harmony Gold will mess this up, it's what they do.

That's not pessimism, that's a statement of fact

To their credit, they haven't been doing nothing lately - they released two movies in 2006 and 2013, that were to help bridge the old series (by tying up loose ends) with a planned new series. They just cant seem to get any momentum going on their projects.
    It's just strange that they don't try to license toys anymore, or even try to reissue older ones to make money. They certainly have a claim to the "Jetfire" jet after last year's SDCC lawsuit.

Have you watched those movies? The Shadow Chronicles is bad. Bad story, bad mech designs, I couldn't even get through it. And it was supposed to be the first in a 3 or 4 part OVA. Where's the rest of it? It was supposedly put on hold to make way for the live action movie that was coming, like that'll ever happen

And Love Live Alive is just a retelling of the old Invid story, using the old series footage with a few minutes of new stuff.

They're not trying. They're just doing the bare minimum to hang onto the IP. And this kickstarter is just another way to do that by spending someone else's money instead of their own.