Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Legacy: A Celebration of Transformers Package Art

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Mine shipped today from amazon, only 10 postage too!
    Same here, just got the notification this morning. Projected delivery is Thursday the 30th, totally keen!

It's been a long time since I bought a TF book. Actually it was the Allspark Almanac.

So I'm looking forward to this
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Megatran Guest

Comics & books don't normally interest me. But I'm keen on box art. Hell, I've even bought stuff cos of pretty box packaging/art.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Comics & books don't normally interest me. But I'm keen on box art. Hell, I've even bought stuff cos of pretty box packaging/art.
    I'm interested to see what's the exact contents - looking at G1 Boxes sure beats looking at a book.

I paid over the odds for this at my local comic shop but don't feel even slightly ripped off because this is one of the best, if not the best, TF books in my collection. A huge volume and beautifully presented. Includes quite a bit of Japanese stuff I had never come across before, such as variant catalogues, as well as a comprehensive rundown of G1 and G2 art. I'm sure anyone waiting for theirs to arrive will be very happy when it does.

Here's a full review of the book here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06hAVthwR4

No real surprises, they have great job putting it together, but I don't think its a must have.

OK, having seen this now I'm not sure it's something that I would be particularly interested in buying, not for around $50 anyway. I have all of the images downloaded from Botch's website and I have no real interest in the Japanese stuff. It's a cool coffee table book but in all honesty, I expected more.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I got my copy today and I think it's great. Nice big pages, all the G1 toy art you could ever want. Also plenty of stuff I've never seen before (more than I would have expected).

Not perfect, the ordering of some of the characters is a little haphazard, and some stuff's on an angle that I wouldn't have done if laying out, but I'm very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    OK, having seen this now I'm not sure it's something that I would be particularly interested in buying, not for around $50 anyway. I have all of the images downloaded from Botch's website and I have no real interest in the Japanese stuff. It's a cool coffee table book but in all honesty, I expected more.
    I'm curious what else you were expecting that might make it more appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Facepunches View Post
    Comics ETC in Brisbane has this in-store for $50.00 I believe.
    Cool, they seem to be getting the latest stuff. Amazon showed $32 + $10 shipping (all USD) for me too. Average review is 4.5/5 stars.

wanna know if this is comprehensive as I make it to be, is there character art for Bumblejumper in this book?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion