Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more Botcon Iacon Packages!!!

It'd be pretty ridiculous to eliminate the non-attending packages based on this. Wouldn't a better option be to make more? It defeats the scalpers, makes them more money = a win, win for everyone, right?

But how many would be required to deter toy scalpers? 5,000? 10,000? More? When you get above 2,000 for a convention exclusive, it isn't as special for those who go to the trouble of going to the show, and loses its appeal as being a 'limited' convention exclusive for toy collectors who don't go.
    Hasbro produce thousands of units with their various store exclusives, and toy scalpers still manage to get to monopolise the market on most of them. Producing more won't stop scalpers, it just means they will be able to buy up more to scalp on the secondary market.
    I'm not against allowing non-attendees from getting figures (because I would be in the same boat if I didn't go), but they do need to limit the number going to toy scalpers in the first place somehow, while also making sure that there are enough to cover those people who actually make it to the convention in person.
    The free attendee figure is supposed to be the incentive to get people to show up, but if it was no longer offered, or it really sucked, people would just order their non-attendee 'investment' set and the convention turn out would be dismal. Having a limit to the non-attendee set, or prioritising attendees would make sure people actually attend and support the show.

this is confusing... who said that they will be no more Iacon package ever? Did it come directly out of FP or OTFCC or are we just assuming?

I started that Saintly. I assume they won't do it next year (or will change it somehow). It's not an official thing.

oh ok that would be just unnecessary stress