Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream for 2015

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Not a fan of the blue nosecone. I. Prefer Takara's grey.
    Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Wow, so undetailed compared to the last Hasbro one. I think it was Hasbro, I bought it on clearance years ago at toyworld. Been sitting in plane mode on my bookcase forever. All of those lines are painted, has "scorch" marks, different wing tip details, a crown paintred on the sides, the little pilot figure, etc.

I am not a fan of the older hasbro version.

This is cleaner and nice for me just like the takara. Just wished it was white.

I think both the older and newer MP Seekers have their pros and cons. The older version is definitely better in jet mode, although the newer retool is better in robot mode. I'm personally not a fan of the more cartoonish head in the new version, but that's just my own subjectivity. The original MP3 Starscream was the weakest version of that mould -- literally, not just figuratively. Thankfully both Hasbro and Takara improved all subsequent versions, using superior quality plastic.

But all MP Seekers stem from that same MP3 mould and invariably suffer its fundamental 'flaw'; they're just not great action figures. They're more like transformable and poseable models rather than proper playable toys.

Another thing to bear in mind is price. As far as Takara(TOMY) are concerned, the old Seekers were cheaper. Remember when MP07 Thundercracker came out and people were complaining about how expensive that toy's RRP* was? I remember deliberating over whether or not I wanted to pay that much for Thundercracker, but ultimately decided to bite the bullet and get it. I wasn't thrilled with that price though. TakaraTOMY's MP Seeker prices have gotten silly expensive recently.

With the exception of Sunstorm ($145) and Ghost Starscream ($250), most MP Seekers have been sold here at reasonably good prices -- Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker and Acid Storm all sold at around the $100 mark AFAIK/IIRC. It'd be good if this Starscream were sold at this price, but who knows. TRU AU have demonstrated that they're more than happy to charge pumped up prices even for Hasbro MPs over imported Takara ones (e.g. MP Bluestreak at $130 ).

----------------------------------------------------
    *10500JPY (≈$120). MP03 Starscream and MP06 Skywarp were 10290JPY (≈$115) each.

I say starscream is going to be the same as sunstorm price released here.
    To me, their faces all look the same. Is just a repainted seeker.

Seeing PC sold them at $95, I don't think it's going to be very expensive.

I am almost tempted to offer people here to trade my takara starscream mp-11 with this hasbro one plus a top up of $60, as I don't mind this hasbro without the Cape .

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I say starscream is going to be the same as sunstorm price released here.
    To me, their faces all look the same. Is just a repainted seeker.

Seeing PC sold them at $95, I don't think it's going to be very expensive.

I am almost tempted to offer people here to trade my takara starscream mp-11 with this hasbro one plus a top up of $60, as I don't mind this hasbro without the Cape .
    Me too, I don't display mine with the cape so I would rather have the money in my pocket than a cape and crown in a box put away.
    Spiderken Away!

Are there any picture in the cartoon showing starscream nose cone as blue rather than grey?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Are there any picture in the cartoon showing starscream nose cone as blue rather than grey?
    It's not. The blue nosecone is toy-accurate, but not show-like. If people want a more show-like grey nosecone, then they might like to consider getting Hasbro MP3 (or the "clean" Takara version if they don't like Hasbro's scorch marks), or the original MP11 Starscream. Or they could just repaint the nosecone themselves (or possibly just strip the blue paint off).

Masterpiece Starscream has now been found at US Retail, so could show up here soon.
    They were found for only US$60, which is cheaper than the last Masterpiece Autobot car... so either that is just an introductory price by TRU in America, or Hasbro (at BotCon) took on board my feedback about the price hikes in Masterpiece (and other exclusives) since MP Soundwave.

(the Hasbro rep seemed unaware that the prices of certain regular exclusives had dramatically increased in the last few years, and was blaming ToysRUs... despite it happening in all countries, and not just ToysRUs... but he seemed genuinely interested in the feedback because the toys were pricing themselves out of the market - he seemed to understand my reasoning that, if you could import the exact same Japanese version for less, than why buy the *Hasbro* version at your local store)

Now we can watch TRU Aus charge $150 for it!
    Spiderken Away!

$150 wouldn't be too bad... I've found it hard to find a version of this toy that doesn't start at $200

PC sold at $95 recently which was a steal, now the Aussie dollar is so bad, is not a great time for ironhide to appear at this stage at all.