Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future posts

Default Future posts

Not sure if this is just me, but i've noticed recently several posts with timestamps that indicate they were posted around 20 minutes or so in the future... very strange! Perhaps a board setting gone awry?

For instance my computer when i posted this said the time was 10:22 WST, but it's showing up as 10:52! Though for some reason my laptop on the same network with the same setting for where to get the time from, is saying it's 10:30 too!

The time down at the bottom of the board is 23 minutes ahead of what i have on my phone at the moment. If it's going by that setting it could explain the difference.
    Either that or Trent's been playing with the DeLorean... again.

I'll tell you what, it's getting harder and harder to find a steady supply of 1.21 Gigawatts these days
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I'll tell you what, it's getting harder and harder to find a steady supply of 1.21 Gigawatts these days

"Welcome to the World of Tomorrow!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    "Welcome to the World of Tomorrow!"
    Lol

The time at the bottom of the board is 24 minutes ahead my actual time, so the posting date-stamp looks like it is being posted in the future.
    The messageboard times are apparently from the PHP server host, which your own timezone settings then adjust for your location when you post.

I will go have a look.
    If it affects everyone, it won't affect the sorting of posts. But it will if it is affecting everyone differently.

Did it just correct itself for others?
    If so, this posting (and others for the next 20 minutes) are going to be shuffled in before some recent posts.

Good to know that it wasn't just me lol
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

The timezone setting of the database on the server just says "System", and I can't seem to change that... so have sent a query to the server host to see if the "System" is their timeclock being out by 24 minutes, or if they can direct me to where I can fix/adjust a setting on my control panel.

EDIT - since my reply post was sorted in before two previous posts, I'll add this into my last post.

Did it just correct itself for others?
    If so, this posting (and others for the next 20 minutes) are going to be shuffled in before some recent posts.