Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) feedback

Found it! Its with Star track on board for delivery today! yet according to the tracking details given to me by BBTS its not due till Wed afternoon and currently is departing Perth. If my wife wasnt home that would have meant another 3 hour trip out to pick it up after I missed their single delivery attempt (well, thats not true - i dont know if star track try more than once or if they leave it at the post office)..

I really dont think its good enough when you pay over 100$ shipping though.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    So why did it go from aus back to the US again? That can't be right?
    It's not. Departure and Arrival scan means the parcel has physically departed / arrived at the destination. What you are referring to is the Package Data Processing. The parcel does not physically move, but rather requesting clearance at the designated location from the Clearing agency, prior to shipping to another country. Hope that makes sense.

It does. It solves some of my problem but not all of it. Thanks. (according to my tracking , Its departed Perth while in actuality I'm posing my new Bovis! (sounds weird)

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    So why did it go from aus back to the US again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    It's not. Departure and Arrival scan means the parcel has physically departed / arrived at the destination. What you are referring to is the Package Data Processing. The parcel does not physically move, but rather requesting clearance at the designated location from the Clearing agency, prior to shipping to another country. Hope that makes sense.
    What Megatran Said.
    it gets processed electronically here, long before it gets to our shores. It didn't used to be that way, i suppose this way it's a little quicker sometimes.

I have only used the UPS links provided by BBTS for the tracking. I've always found it to be pretty accurate and as far as I know it's always been a UPS truck that delivered it. though I don't always see the delivery.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'm pretty impressed that I put my POL in to be processed on the 23rd, it went to the Warehouse on the 24th, and then it was received by the overseas carrier by 9.16am Boxing Day, then processed through the facility the next day. Means they must have just shut down for X-Mass and then got back to work

Now for the long irritating wait for it to get from there to here. It was announced that Australia Post is having funding cut to rural sectors, which means even longer to get a package to where I live

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I'm pretty impressed that I put my POL in to be processed on the 23rd, it went to the Warehouse on the 24th, and then it was received by the overseas carrier by 9.16am Boxing Day, then processed through the facility the next day. Means they must have just shut down for X-Mass and then got back to work

Now for the long irritating wait for it to get from there to here. It was announced that Australia Post is having funding cut to rural sectors, which means even longer to get a package to where I live

Wow! That wasn't a long wait at all! Got here today (the 31st)!

Contemplating putting in my first ever order with BBTS and wanted some words of encouragement before taking the plunge. I've only ever used RK and once I find something I like, I tend to stick with it.

I know I could just read from the start of the topic but it was started over 2 years ago. I'm looking for some recent experience / information.

There are two items that I have my eye on, both of which are in stock. At a glance it looks easy enough - place your order, pay through Paypal etc., but do I need to register on their site as well? What's their shipping time like?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Contemplating putting in my first ever order with BBTS and wanted some words of encouragement before taking the plunge. I've only ever used RK and once I find something I like, I tend to stick with it.

I know I could just read from the start of the topic but it was started over 2 years ago. I'm looking for some recent experience / information.

There are two items that I have my eye on, both of which are in stock. At a glance it looks easy enough - place your order, pay through Paypal etc., but do I need to register on their site as well? What's their shipping time like?
    Yea you gotta be registered, which is easy enough. You can "pile of loot" stuff to save on shipping and get it sent whenever you want (within their time limit)

Shipping can be a lil expensive, but that's why POL is great. Shipping times are pretty quick, longest we've had was about 2 weeks.

The wife and I have been using them for years for most American release stuff.

Cheers 1AZRAEL1 Do you still need to register if you use the Paypal checkout?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Not 100% sure on that. Probably not. Once you enter the checkout I think it asks you to login in or register.