Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Maz's Articles & Reviews

"...fully 6..."
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Maz is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default G1 Optimus From Yugoslavia

In June 2014, that feeling came again. The feeling where everything you think you know about the limit of Generation 1 Transformers is once again lain to waste with the discovery, or rather uncovering, of an age-old lost section of vintage G1 variants. This time it was a boxed Generation 1 Optimus Prime from...Yugoslavia! Thanks to the Serbian Transformers community, this absolute gem of a hybrid variant was posted on TFW, and I couldn't wait to dive in and get involved. If it wasn't for the sharing and kindness of the Serbian TF community, there'd be nothing to report, so first off, my sincerest thanks to Danilo, Nikola and G1 Aerialbot for help with that auction, for information and communicating their knowledge.

Optimus From Yugoslavia (Part 1) | Square One
    Optimus From Yugoslavia (Part 2) | Square One
    Optimus From Yugoslavia (Part 3) | Square One

All the best
    Maz

Default 1985

We love Transformers, that’s why upcoming product and a new year’s reveals are scrutinised, criticised or celebrated to the degree that they are. It’s impossible to compare the reaction fans and collectors – or I suppose even casual consumers – have towards new offerings by Hasbro today to how people felt about the second main wave of Transformers advertised for 1985. Imagine how wonderful that first year of 1984 was at the time (well you don’t have to, a lot of you were there). This week we’ll pretend it’s late 1984 and the 1985 catalogue of Hasbro Transformers have just been shown to an enthusiastic fan and a ‘knowledgeable’ cynic who are discussing the upcoming range. For the purposes of this article, let’s just lump Jetfire, the Dinobots and Insecticons etc firmly into 1985. Internet nitpickery hasn’t been invented yet! Many kind thanks to Paul Hitchens of The Spacebridge for the idea and inspiration this week.

1985 | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Reminds me of something I wrote a few years ago.

That's a cool 1985 line up pic

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That's a cool 1985 line up pic
    + 100000000000000

I just drooled all over my computer monitor
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

All the minty goodness in that one picture.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I want to chime in and say that I absolutely dig the photography in your articles Maz.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

(reviews of third party items have been moved to their own ongoing topic here)

Cheers all for kind words and thank you Griffin for a very thoughtful split of threads.

Here's a new one...

I often find myself wondering who to feature next on these collector interviews, and I have been asked to try and move away from museum-style G1 collections to add more variety. Where possible I have done this, but requests are met at different times and often the choice of who to go with any given month is made for me by circumstance. This month however, and especially after reading his most heartfelt, genuine, wise and engaging interview, it baffles me how Matt “Matty” Dennett has not yet been featured. Writer for G1 Journey and a member of the TFW staff, Matt as a person is every bit as heartfelt, genuine, wise and engaging as his interview. He also has a stunning collection for a so-called newcomer!

Collector Interview 33 – Matt Dennett | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Another great interview Maz And an awesome collection! I want that silver display cabinet.