Thread: RID Happy Meal toys hit Hong Kong

Default RID Happy Meal toys hit Hong Kong

The RID 2015 Mcdonalds toys (I think these are the same ones the US had earlier in the year(?)) are finally out in Hong Kong.

As of today (the 13th Oct) Optimus (the first to be released) is already sold out and the second figure isn't out for a few more days.
    The Optimus has a spinning axe gimmick which is annoying and yet strangely addictive at the same time.

Looks like HK is getting four of the eight toys that were released in America back in April/May.

From this angle it looks like Grimlock has a frisbee in his mouth. "Me Grimlock fetch!"

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    From this angle it looks like Grimlock has a frisbee in his mouth. "Me Grimlock fetch!"
    It's a missile. It lights up while in Grimlock's mouth and then can be fired at unsuspecting humans in a room...

My son got it a couple of days ago when it came out.

I'm surprised these toys made it into happy meals as they aren't exactly the safest toys I've seen...

Optimus could take an eye out with his spinning gimmick and Grimlock could take the other one with his projectile fire vomit missile...

It's kind of amusing.

My son got Grimlock in his Happy Meal on the weekend. Don't know if you can call them transformers if they don't transform! Just a pet peeve of mine. Bring back the old transforming fries, burgers, et al from the 80s! I loved those as a kid

Because we're seeing more emphasis on the younger market these past years these Happy Meal toys could be mistaken for something out of Hasbro's main product line.

Yeah.... Hasbro charges $5 for Tiny Titans that are half the size, no moving parts and poor paint apps, and for about the same money at Mcdonalds you get a whole (kids) meal and a much better (playable) toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah.... Hasbro charges $5 for Tiny Titans that are half the size, no moving parts and poor paint apps, and for about the same money at Mcdonalds you get a whole (kids) meal and a much better (playable) toy.
    Not to mention that you can actually just buy the happy meal toys outright for $2. Didn't realize this until the missus bought the Autobub some happy meal toys this way a couple of years back.