Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Gen1 Console game - Devastation

I've noticed that reviews have started making their way onto youtube for those interested.

There's a review in this month's Gameinformer magazine (which I was flicking through at EB while pre-ordering), and it was just a page with very little indication of the reviewer even playing it. It was more about the Transformers characters and brand... and I didn't see anything written about the game that hasn't been made public months ago.

I remember older TFs games having multi-page reviews, with images and details you'd only get from playing the game (I'd often buy those magazines to keep, just because of that Transformers game review)... but this one just wasn't worth it.

Haven't watched it in months but might check out Good Game online (after I've had a play to avoid more spoilers) to see their review. They loved FOC

Guess I better finish Rise of The Dark Spark
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

just watched one review:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wskr...ature=youtu.be

basically it's really short (campaign is less than 5 hours, "challenge modes" can extend things) and the environments are very repetitive however the combat is solid and nostalgia is high and very well handled. if you love transformers AND platinum style games then it's a buy now but if you are more one or the other it may not be worth the asking price at the moment...personally i think I am going to wait for a sale.

Some concept artwork from the game, including the Battlechargers, who I thought was Wheeljack when I scrolled down to the car mode... so maybe a Wheeljack toy out there somewhere has a redeco potential.

Only a day from its official release in America, people have apparently already been playing out the game, so there are probably reviews or play-through videos online by now. (I'm not going to hunt them down before playing the game.)

Just got the big w catalogue and it has the game at $44! I know where I'm getting the game from

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    Just got the big w catalogue and it has the game at $44! I know where I'm getting the game from
    Outstanding
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

Some of the HK boys have been posting up their gameplay from the PS4 and it looks awesome! It is one of the few games I could happily just sit and watch someone else play for the sheer enjoyment although I do plan to pick it up for my son at some point.

Also looks like if this one is successful there is scope for a sequel/add-on's if one of the guys who has already clocked the game is to be believed (I won't spoil)...