Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forgetting what you actually have

It's happened to me with a few smaller figures (below deluxe) where I've not really cared too much about the character, seen the figure in the shop a few months later and can't remember if I have the blasted thing or not . Never ended up buying a second of a toy by accident but do have quite a few double ups on comics

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    ...seen the figure in the shop a few months later and can't remember if I have the blasted thing or not . Never ended up buying a second of a toy by accident....
    (puts hand up sheepishly)

Usually it is insignificant items though, like gimmick stuff that isn't worth remembering.

My local comic place usually stock piles the comics I buy till it gets to a certain point, so I'm dropping like $200 at a time on comics every 3 months or so. The hard part is that I actually keep up with the comics I read by downloading them, so when it's time to buy them they're pretty much bagged and boarded straight away, put into the comic boxes. I have a few gaps in my collection because of this, and it frustrates me, lol.

Bigger problem is remembering where they all are! I just repacked my 84-85 box (no room to display) as I had it out to fix a broken sludge recently.... Barrage and Thrust have gone walk abouts!

But that said.... There was a second Brawn in there.... When he he'll did I get a second brawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Bigger problem is remembering where they all are!
    Oh dude - preachin to the choir! I've got pretty much my entire 1500 in twenty 140L crates. I've been jonsein to put together a Grimlock display - do you think I have any idea where all my Big Grim's are?! I can't even find the War Within Titanium one, and he's still MISB

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    I currently have the problem that I have forgotten what I have because allot of it has been packed up in boxes while we rented last year and now we own our own house they are all comming out and I get surprised when I open some boxes
    Well at least it feels like you bought a new figure all over again hehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

This thread is the reason the phrase "first world problems" exists.
    Still, its one I'd be happy to have.

I only have <200 figures, but I do have a spreadsheet for them.
    Is that nerdy?
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Is that nerdy?
    I don't think so. I first started keeping an electronic record of my Transformers collection when I had <50 in 1985. Forget two finger typing, I was only typing with one finger! Fortunately, I was keeping up with the Commodore.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    This thread is the reason the phrase "first world problems" exists.
    Still, its one I'd be happy to have.

Is that nerdy?
    Heh - first world problems - very true

This time last year I started to move all my cataloging info over from a 50-page word document to a Microsoft excel document to make it easier. But that was nearly 200 figures ago now and I hadn't finished back then anyway so I'm still doing it the simple stupid way

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't think so. I first started keeping an electronic record of my Transformers collection when I had <50 in 1985. Forget two finger typing, I was only typing with one finger! Fortunately, I was keeping up with the Commodore.
    What format do you use to record your collection? I've been trying but I can't find a suitable method. Anyone else?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust