Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best time to buy Lego at the Toys r us sale?

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    My local TRU has boxes and boxes of Lego Batman and Ninjago minifigure blind bags, still a tad over $4 each. My kids love them, so I’m waiting for them to drop a bit more ($2-3) before I go a bit nuts. They’ve all been out quite a while so I hope that stock lasts that long (so far so good) as collectors that really want them already have them.
    TRU closing tomorrow. May have no more time to wait. Lego shelf has been cleaned in Hornsby.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    TRU closing tomorrow. May have no more time to wait. Lego shelf has been cleaned in Hornsby.
    All of them? Or just some?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    All of them? Or just some?
    Pretty sure it's just some of them, if you check the website the Hornsby store jazzcomp mentioned doesnt have trading hours past tomorrow but others do.

EDIT: I was bored, here are the stores that dont have trading hours listed past tomorrow:

Hornsby NSW
    Northland VIC
    Noarlunga SA
    Tea Tree SA
    Innaloo WA
    Joondalup WA
    Morley WA

So we can probably safely assume it's the last day of trading for those locations.
    The rest have times listed for the next week at least, so check the website for more details about the store you want to visit

Yeah, that was what I thought. The stores (such as Northland here in Vic) had signs up saying they were closing this week, but others (such as Fountain Gate) have yet to even implement the 40% off, so I think they’re still going around for a while yet. Plenty of stock still at that location they will be trying to get rid of.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I noticed at the Garden City store on Friday, Lego had the smallest discount on offer, obviously trying to make the most from it... or maybe they are allowed to return unsold stock to Lego to resell to another retailer so don't need to discount it as much, as most Lego wouldn't have a "use by date" (a period of time when a toy series is to be on shelves and advertised). Lego is usually generic enough, or a multi-year series, for retailers to keep buying from an older series.

I went to a couple of TRU stores yesterday and there was not a lot of Lego left. One store had a heap of Force Awakens bombers, one had a heap of the Lego Batman Joker Mansion set, otherwise shelves getting very spare.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I noticed at the Garden City store on Friday, Lego had the smallest discount on offer, obviously trying to make the most from it... or maybe they are allowed to return unsold stock to Lego to resell to another retailer so don't need to discount it as much, as most Lego wouldn't have a "use by date" (a period of time when a toy series is to be on shelves and advertised). Lego is usually generic enough, or a multi-year series, for retailers to keep buying from an older series.
    Yeah, our Lego is 35% which is less than the big signs saying 40-60%, although the sign says exception may apply.

Our shelves are still pretty full, I pulled the trigger on a few Star Wars sets, if it goes lower then I will probably stock up on some creator. There was a 10% drop last Thursday, if that trend continues then it will be a very quick dash in there on this Thursday morning after lectures.
    Our store today had no indication of closing down. Its a stand alone, which has been there for at least 17 years and until five years ago you could still see the Toyworld branding under the new paint on the inner wall. So speculating here, they own the property and aren't in any hurry to shut shop, but I'm sure there is some sort of final day in mind for the wider company.

Its actually sad to see this happening to a fairly decent sized employer in Townsville. But up here sadly businesses are closing on a weekly basis so this will just be seen as a local issue rather than an Australian employer and many jobs lost.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I couldnt get to toys r us today. Anyone know if lego was further reduced?

The signs say all stock is at least 40% off now but LEGO could be one of the excluded items.

Still 35% as of today, drops have been on Thursdays.
    Our store overall sold heaps of toys on the weekend but there is still a good amount of lego left, I'll be popping in tomorrow to check it out again. They may hold off for one more weekend, but if it does hit 40% before then it will be cleaned out by Sunday arvo imho.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)