Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions regarding Official Transformers Collectors Club

I admire your ethics but if it was me I would have backed out of the club like a bat out of hell.

yeah Likewise. I am surprised as this could be easily solved by them offering you the subscription figures. I could almost guarantee they'd have spares and yet they haven't bothered.

The answer to a happy customer is so obvious...

Anyway, good luck BTT.

If you don't want the Depthcharge, I'll buy it off you.

You're a much more optimistic man than me Trev.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Perhaps I should of bailed while I had the chance, but I made the decision to join so I figure I should live with it. Sucks that the individual figures will cost more than the FCC when they come out in the shop though, will prob not end up getting them considering how much postage is.
    If you are only after a couple of the less popular figures, it will be much cheaper for you to buy them from BBTS, or if you know someone building up a Pile of Loot, who is happy to add them to their POL. that would save a tonne on shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    yeah Likewise. I am surprised as this could be easily solved by them offering you the subscription figures. I could almost guarantee they'd have spares and yet they haven't bothered.

The answer to a happy customer is so obvious...

Anyway, good luck BTT.

If you don't want the Depthcharge, I'll buy it off you.
    I think the club said the right thing here, they've previously stated broadly that purchasing the figures after the pre-order window closed would be more expensive, I realise this was to promote people getting in on the pre-order, and they surely be ordered many more than the pre-order amount but if they start selling them for the same amount as the pre-order amount, people who went to the trouble of joining up during the pre-order period will feel ripped off. If stuff isn't selling 12 months after it's actually released, that's a different story.

they do need to work on the layout of the site though, the page BTT linked to is rather misleading.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I think the club said the right thing here, they've previously stated broadly that purchasing the figures after the pre-order window closed would be more expensive, I realise this was to promote people getting in on the pre-order, and they surely be ordered many more than the pre-order amount but if they start selling them for the same amount as the pre-order amount, people who went to the trouble of joining up during the pre-order period will feel ripped off. If stuff isn't selling 12 months after it's actually released, that's a different story.

they do need to work on the layout of the site though, the page BTT linked to is rather misleading.
    Yeah, I guess you have a point there. But (and this comes down to how rubbish the club is) they only had the ordering window open for a couple of months or so. Sure the figures might be more expensive individually, but BTT is interested in the subscription, so you'd think they'd be a bit more open to allowing people in on it.

I bet they could probably get some sales up if they had the subscription open after the first couple of figs started floating about too. That's why I don't really understand this sub business, all it does is add exclusivity to toys and limits your customer base (as well as pissing off people who missed out because of your shoddy website )

TCC's reaction to my last message:

Hi Trevor,

Okay. Thanks for sending the link. I see what you are referring to. That is the FSS Log-in so that the people who ordered the FSS on the installment plan can log in and change their address, credit card information etc. so that when the next shipment or the next installment payment is due they will have the correct information on file. Sorry it was misleading to you.

As mentioned, you may be able to buy some or all of the figures when we put our extras online after we ship to the subscribers. Also, there is a possibility that we may have a second FSS in the future with different figures. If so, you will receive an e-mail when it is time to sign up.

Karen

To be honest I'm not sure I really care anymore. I'm just bummed that I joined in a year where the FCC's not working (Note: still no admission that they need to make changes), the club figure isn't that appealing and I'm not that interested in the BotCon figures. But on the other hand there are a ton of great looking Generations toys coming out this year so I'm sure my TF budget wont go wanting for lack of figures to be spent on

That's the point of club toys though, exclusive. There were multiple emails to all (current at the time) club members and every news site had multiple listings at different stages of the campaign. There was a lot of opportunity to pre-order if you had the money.

if they are made widely available the exclusivity reduces. At least with the subscription service, anyone that wanted the set could pre-order, even pay in installments.

It is their business model, sell a limited number of an item for a set profit margin (which has got to be pretty high). they need to keep that exclusivity otherwise in the future, when they try to sell more "exclusive" figures, people will say "why bother, I'll just pick them up later, cheaper" and eventually the club will either go out of business or need to look for a different revenue stream, that probably wouldn't involve new exclusive cool figures, which would suck.

The club does do a fair few things that don't make a lot of sense or aren't necessarily what "everyone" wants. but when it comes down to it, they are a business there to make a profit from selling toys and memberships and making choices that satisfy the majority.

it's unfortunate that BTT missed out on the pre-order window, but there are still avenues to get hold of the figures, and there are probably people around who ordered the set who might be willing to sell the 1 or 2 they aren't particularly interested in for a reasonable price.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)