Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0 Schedule Wave 1 Information Released

I can also accept Powerglide as bigger if he succesfully portrays the feel of G1 Powerglide.

Refering to character not toy as an Ultra with the engineering of a minibot would suck
    ________
    VAPORIZER
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:54 PM.

To put the Ultra size into perspective:
    Powerglide's toy in 7 cm long in jet mode. An actual A-10 is 1626 cm long. That's a scale of 1:232. With an 8.5 cm robot mode, Powerglide should stand 19.7 metres tall.

G1 Starscream (and the other Seekers) are 21cm long in vehicle mode. An actual F-15 is 1944 cm long. This gives us a scale of 1:93. With a robot mode of 14 cm, Starscream should stand 12.9 metres tall.

Until this picture is released by Hasbro publically, I won't have it posted here. If you aren't a member or haven't been able to see it from someone else, you will see it eventually. It will just be a bit annoying to have to wait.
    It's the main incentive for joining the official club, and if it works this time, Hasbro may be willing to release more advance images in the future.
    I don't want to risk losing my membership by offering copies privately, or endorsing the posting of a picture here. Probably within a month or two, this image will be released publically anyway. And by April at BotCon, we should have heaps of images (if Hasbro allow photos to be taken).

As a verbal description, the figure is mostly yellow (expected), with black from the windows, tyres, feet and head. There is some silver on the forearms and thighs, plus a little blue on the thighs. The legs look almost identical to the BT/ALT Mirage/Hot Rod (which form the rear end of the car), while the chest is pretty much the entire roof of the car mode. The robot head tries to reflect the classic Sunstreaker head, but the side pannel/horns are too big, making him look evil like Unicron or (Energon) Bruticus Maximus.
    The arms are the car doors, while the bonnet of the car mode is sitting on the back. A fairly simple transformation, but for a Deluxe Classics, it's better to be playable than be time consumingly challenging.

All i wanna know is when are they coming?
    Plus are we going to see them in stores here?

They are general release toys so we should get them later in the year.

Man I'm glad this thread has remained civil, no big complaints about the OTCC at all (unlike an international site I frequent).

After seeing a small pic I can see where the comparisons to Alt Mirage come from, he looks alright, I know I'll pick him up, and I expect him to be about as difficult to transform as Hot Rod.

Seems Ultra Powerglide is a new mould, as all the Classics are supposed to be, which relieves me somewhat.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'd be happy with a new mold if it's Ultra Powerglide (I quite liked the character), but if they just repaint Wing Saber from Cybertron (owing to similar alt modes) I think I might boycott the figure.

Considering this is being dubbed as classics 2.0 not just the next wave of classics series 1 I would think they would make a new mould. Either way I'm excited, although like most a bit thrown off by Tankor.

its actually Universe not Classics 2.0 isn't it? Hence Tankor is sadly a usable name

Hmmm, I just had me a look see at the picture of Mr Sunsteaker..... I think I prefer the concept pic to be honest. As Griff said, the "ears" look a bit shady and it's a little bit "off" in general feeling. The engine part doesn't seem to sit behind his head anymore...

I liked the way the silver engine transformed into his weapons, whereas here they look kind of different.

As usual though, I will reserve judgment until I have played with it (which means I have resigned myself to getting it coz it isn't all that bad really). Damn my obsessive compulsive-like need to get cool robot toys....