Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253040 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

MOS Burger, part 2...

Christalcase and I went to MOS Burger last weekend, to test them out 'dine in' instead of 'take away', to see how they look and taste "fresh".

Anyway, I ordered the 'salad burger' (which is just the regular MOS Burger with lettuce added) meal, which came with a serving of chips and a drink (I ordered something green and icy... tasted weird, but not too bad). That day they were giving free corn soup with every meal deal, so that's why that's in the pic.

Christalcase ordered a Cheeseburger meal... the burger looked like this:

As can be seen, compared to my earlier pics, the burgers look a lot better when served fresh without being wrapped up to take away. Unlike other burger places, this place has so much sauce on the burgers, it goes everywhere when tightly wrapped up.
    They present so well like this though, which helps make them look more accurate to the menu pics... unlike the big franchise places.

Again, it is recommended... but is better eaten there, than taking it home to unwrap a messy cold burger.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And the Doritos Burn are very sweet... possibly to offset the hotness of it for regular consumers. Neither of these (limited?) flavours will be missed by me when they've had their run. I won't buy either again.
    Had these today and agree entirely, they taste like sweet doritos. Just plain doritos with the slightest spice as an aftertaste... Pretty disappointing.

@Mos Burger;
    I find it quite funny but fitting that they serve bubble tea as a drink :P

attempted scrambled eggs tonight, i ended up with some kind of chopped up omelet. lol
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    attempted scrambled eggs tonight, i ended up with some kind of chopped up omelet. lol
    lol... you sound like my lil brother, he could probably burn water!

gotta start somewhere though

janda

I have become adddicted to Chickadees (3 packs in 2 weeks). It would be 25 years since I had some & they are as good as ever.

Stopped by Franklins today and picked up some tiny teddies. the cashier said to me "these aren't for you.. are they?" lol i dont see the big deal. its not my fault tiny teddies are delicious!
    ~

Hope they were only joking/flirting. Otherwise, that's almost as bad as being asked if a TFs toy I'm buying is for "my kid"... as if adults don't eat or buy things marketed to kids.
    It's not like the packaging says it isn't for adults.

I found these at Belconnen Westfield, and they are really yummy... battered chicken strips.

Never seen it before, and I guess it's true - everything tastes great battered.
    If only I had some tomato sauce...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I found these at Belconnen Westfield, and they are really yummy... battered chicken strips.

*snip*

Never seen it before, and I guess it's true - everything tastes great battered.
    If only I had some tomato sauce...
    Isn't that just like KFC then?

KFC don't have batter... like 'Fish-n-chip' style batter. Just look at how thick the batter is on that sucker... just imagine how much cholesterol has been absorbed into that.

Original recipe KFC is more like 'crumbing' than 'battering' anyway.