Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > News > Outback's Australian News

Sightings/Sales

Old 14th June 2017, 11:21 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

Default BigW mid-year toy sale - June 22nd to July 12

A big thanks to Ozformers member lfpnrg for passing on an image from a buyer feedback facebook page. (it has now been replaced with a full size, clearer copy from the BigW website)

The SALE DATES are - Thursday June 22nd to Wednesday July 12th.
(there may be an early start to the sale on their web-store like recent years)

The full catalogue can be found here.

Great news - Trypticon has a sale price, bringing it back down to what BigW had Fortress Maximus priced at.
Even better news - there is a full page of Transformers toys in the catalogue this year, and all of the Hasbro Transformers items are on sale.
And even better-er news - if your BigW doesn't have a particular item in stock that this catalogue covers (not store exclusive items), other retailers like ToysRUs will price-match if you show them the catalogue during the BigW sale period (hard copy or on their website).

The Transformers items for this year are...

GEN-TR Trypticon - $248 (save $50)
(it also notes "Transformers Legions" for $6 - these could be the ones that they had in bulk last year for $5)
-
TF5 Voyager - $35 (save $10)
TF5 Deluxe - $24 (save $5)
TF5 Legion - $6 (save $1) (noted under Trypticon on the catalogue page)
TF5 Knight Armour - $34 (save $11)
TF5 Titan Changers - $15 (save $4)
TF5 RTS 1-step 6-pack - $79 (save $20 - BigW exclusive)
TF5 Tiny Changers - $2.50 (save $2.50 - half price)
-
RID licensed die-cast light-up vehicles - $10 (no saving)

(the item in the bottom left corner is not a Transformers toy)

Ozformers on Twitter (join for Australian Transformers News, First Toy Sightings, and Store Sales alerts)
Ozformers on Facebook
My BotCon archive (so far includes full coverage of last 10 BotCons)
How to use Amazon America (for cheaper toys)
Insurance & Security tips for your collection

My collection - - Toys I want - - Recent arrivals - - Random stuff from me

Last edited by griffin; 20th June 2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 14th June 2017, 11:27 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I cant say there are many good discounts in there but like I thought it's nearly all movie based, and it's still not close enough to actual retail price on Trypticon for me to bother with, should have been $250 before discount and less in the sale.
I am interested in what it says under Trypticon thought, something about additional figures at $4? (too blurry to make out lol), might also say available legions for $6 (lol squinting to try and make things out)
Old 14th June 2017, 11:35 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

(this catalogue should be officially released tomorrow, as this copy was from a store... so hopefully this "leak" doesn't get us into any trouble - unlike a previous year that saw a copy leaked from their head office, weeks before the sale)
Old 14th June 2017, 11:47 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
I cant say there are many good discounts in there but like I thought it's nearly all movie based, and it's still not close enough to actual retail price on Trypticon for me to bother with, should have been $250 before discount and less in the sale.
I am interested in what it says under Trypticon thought, something about additional figures at $4? (too blurry to make out lol), might also say available legions for $6 (lol squinting to try and make things out)
It looks like it says "also available Transformers Legions $6", which might be another batch of those $5 legions they had flooding the shelves last year. (if it were RID legions, I think it would be noted as a sale price, as they are regularly $8... and I don't think they would be paired up with GEN Trypticon)
Old 14th June 2017, 03:08 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

$2 for the tiny movie figures are pretty decent. I might pick up a few more at that price.
Old 14th June 2017, 04:41 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Might get a voyagers Sqweeks and Megs if they appear before the end of the sale, otherwise it's a pretty meh catalogue.
Wonder what the Lego's like? Guess I'll just have to wait & see.

LOOKING FOR MiSB
AOE VOYAGER NEMESiS PRiME.
Old 14th June 2017, 06:15 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Held off buying any movie figures waiting for a sale nearer to the movie's release date. While not the best prices, they're still pretty good and I'll be getting a few from this sale.
Old 14th June 2017, 06:39 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

With Tryp at $248 plus staff discount for me I'll get him from work instead of TLTC. But not everyone has Woolworths staff discount so I'm sure TLTC will still get a ton of orders for him.
Old 14th June 2017, 06:49 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

It was posted in the internal communications that these brochures were to be stored in a secure location and not released to staff or public until Saturday 17/6. I hope no one loses their job for the leak like previous years.
MP Dirge
Wishlist:
MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Arcee, MP Waspinator
Selling:
Nil
Old 14th June 2017, 07:34 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
It was posted in the internal communications that these brochures were to be stored in a secure location and not released to staff or public until Saturday 17/6. I hope no one loses their job for the leak like previous years.
It's all over the Lego Facebook pages as well. And it's the admin that was giving out all the info.