Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dotm Que

That's probably the only benefit of our over-inflated prices here - it makes it easier for us to accept those sort of prices, that are only a small amount over what we pay.... but if we had American pricing ($13 Deluxes), I think we'd be a lot more critical/selective as the Americans are, who see that as almost 3 times the price that that sized figure should be.

It may well be that the special run had a higher wholesale price, but seeing how RK usually double (or more) the price of high-demand items, I wouldn't be surprised to see them for less somewhere, after the release date. (but who's going to risk missing out again by not jumping on it now)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's probably the only benefit of our over-inflated prices here - it makes it easier for us to accept those sort of prices, that are only a small amount over what we pay.... but if we had American pricing ($13 Deluxes), I think we'd be a lot more critical/selective as the Americans are, who see that as almost 3 times the price that that sized figure should be
    But this toy was never released in the US. AFAIK it's only been released by TakaraTOMY and their set RRP is 2730JPY which converts to 34.22USD. And yeah, as you said, by Australian standards this price is only marginally above RRP. Australian RRP is about as much as I'm willing to pay for any toy that's not a special limited exclusive.

That's correct, it wasn't in America.
    But I said " that sized figure", not that particular figure... as the point of the $35 v $30 v $13 (RK v our price v American price), which is what people over there usually complain about (prices being significantly more than what they are used to).

Fair enough and indeed I have made my order for Que...
    Poor wallet....