Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: TFCC Botcon 2016 theme - Dawn of the Predacus

Default TFCC Botcon 2016 theme - Dawn of the Predacus

The BotCon 2016 Convention box set will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the ground breaking cartoon and toy line BEAST WARS. Prepare for the "DAWN OF THE PREDACUS". Our first reveal from the 2016 Exclusive Convention box set is the former DECEPTICON who was reprogrammed and rebuilt... as a PREDACON! - Tripredacus Agent RAVAGE!

The BotCon 2016 set will feature FIVE all-new head sculpts utilizing the amazing TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS action figures.

Stay Tuned to BotCon.com for details on ordering this amazing box set.
    -TFCC Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/15125534826...type=3&theater

The first reveal looks to be a BW Ravage from the Breakdown mould.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I am surprisingly okay with this. Ravage, at least. It also sort of homages Alternators Ravage.

Interesting... Seems they're going to merge their Beast Wars Uprising storyline with the CW moulds... They really are going all out with CW lately

No BH Soundwave Botanica?

I don't know about this though. Might just buy Alternators Ravage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    No BH Soundwave Botanica?

I don't know about this though. Might just buy Alternators Ravage
    Probably in one of the "souvenir" packs

Hmmm, I'm already in for TFSS 4.0. Definately interesting but I'll guess I'll wait to see what other characters come out before making my decision.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Good - the first reveal was six months ahead of the convention, which is a record for them, as they are usually 2-4 months before the convention starts. I wouldn't be surprised if they are rushing these out to get Registration started early for them to get more cash in after this year's failed to sell out on anything.

Good - Beast Wars anniversary, but was pretty much expected.

Good - Combiners, also expected, and as long as they don't mess it up, it should be the first unified boxset since Machine Wars.

Bad - Gen1/BW Ravage as a sports car... I'm not seeing it. It feels like it will be shoe-horned into a storyline that will be difficult to reconcile by purist BW fans (and this BW fan) that it will be aimed at.

Bad - Over-milking the Combiner toys while Hasbro is over-milking them will probably put off people.

Bad - giving more Beast Wars characters Vehicle modes is a bit of a weak way of using the characters in the anniversary year. The 2006 set was able to work by leading into the cartoon, but if they have another pre-BW set or a post-BW set, it won't have the same feel of Beast Wars to it.

Undecided - If they manage to have the majority of the Convention toys be Beast Wars characters done tastefully (not just a replica head on an unrelated toy), it could be a proper anniversary to the Beast Wars series, but after failing to homage 1984 or Gen1 in their "30th Anniversary" year (2014), I will wait and see how many non-BW characters they end up including.

I can guess that "Magnaboss" will be at least three of the toys, with Combiners Silverbot, Ironhide and Prowl included... maybe coloured to look like their BW namesakes.

A fan convention in the UK this weekend has had a panel for the Collector Club hosted by Pete Sinclair, and he announced the first guest for next year's BotCon - David Kaye (Megatron).

That should mean a Megatron toy thrown in as well, to make use of Voice Actor (for autographing the toy and/or Script Reading).

As a Beast Wars fan, I'm not feeling it. I see what they're trying to do (it will be interesting to see which car they pick for the others.

But yeah, Combiner Wars overload.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I imagine this Ravage will have a squished snout but i am liking this particular reveal as i do want a Binaltech Ravage.

Someone suggested Magmatron's combined beast mode could look like the CW SkyLynx mold but i am very skeptical that could be any good.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose