Thread: Japanese Toy Show images

Default Japanese Toy Show images

Some of this might be broken up later as specific items are shown off, but for now, this topic has various photos from the Toy Show in the first few pages.

I like the red Predaking repaint - this and the unrevealed Beast Wars head for Generations Grimlock are some nice Megatron homages.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 14th June 2013 at 10:07 AM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

To be lazy, here is what TFW have posted up about what has been on display at the JP Toy Show.

Generations Japan

• Transformers Generations TG-26 Goldbug - November, Japan release of Hasbro IDW Deluxe Bumblebee, gold shiny finish and blue head!
    • TG-27 is a two pack of Hoist and Trailcutter. This set and TG-26 Goldbug are due in November
    • TG-28 is a four pack of Legends Class Megatron with Chop Shop and Starscream with Waspinator. Due in December.
    • TG-29, also due in December, will be the Japanese release of Generations Sandstorm
    • TG-23 Metroplex will feature a chrome face. In his battlestation mode, the large ramps will be left white, like the Generation 1 version.

Transformers Go!

• G-06 Hunter Smokescreen will be show accurate
    • G19 Hunter Ratchet will be green, like Movie series Ratchet.
    • G09 Goradora / Go! Abominus giftset is revealed. All five Predacons who make up Beast Hunters Abominus are redecoed - Hun-Gurrr is orange and black, Windrazor is grey and blue, Twinstrike is green, Blight is red and white, and Rippersnapper is purple
    • Giftsets of the Go! Samurai and Shinobi (formerly ninja) teams will be released in October. They will only be giftpacks - not redecoed.
    • The Samurai team will also get Bot Shots toys of a fashion in the BeCool line.
    • Dragotron Final Form - Japanese release of Beast Hunters Ultimate Predaking. Will feature a red deco resembling Beast Wars Transmetal II Dragon Megatron.

And lastly!

Transformers Go! EG Collection - EG-09 Groove will be a reuse of the Legends Class Animated Prowl mold. EG-10 Beachcomber will be Universe Legends Class Beachcomber, reissued as a single pack for the first time in Japan. EG-11 Soundwave and EG-12 Jet Vehicon are Japanese releases of Beast Hunters Legions Soundwave and Air Vehicon, but redecoed - Soundwave is more muted and grey, while Jet Vehicon is much more black.

Masterpiece Prowl, Streak, Smokescreen and Tiger Track display images, with packaging images
    Transformers GT Megatron display!
    Transformers Go! Kenzan, Jinbu and Ganoh, with their respective combined modes
    Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Orion Pax VS Megatronus and Legends Optimus Prime & Bumblebee are also on display, but appear to be Hasbro ones standing in for Takara-Tomy's releases.
    A new RC car series is confirmed - features automatic transformation, fairly basic robot designs. Two versions are shown, a silver one and a red one. The line name based on a banner might be "Robot Lab" or "Omnibot"
    I highlighted Megatronus, as the JP release looks to be using that name.

Not sure why TFW keep calling Tigertrack as "Tiger Track", as we've seen the packaging that has it as one word.

More info from the Toy Show...

• TG-23 Metroplex in all three modes - with these new images, we can see all the main differences between US and Japanese versions of Generations Metroplex. As well as the chromed face, additional black on the legs and white ramps in base mode, the city ramp from the chest will also be white on the inside, and it would appear that the chest-mounted artillary battery is also red.
    • Generations Japan Springer and Blitzwing are, in fact, the Takara-Tomy ones. Spinger features slightly darker green and a stronger grey, and Blitzwing is mostly the same as the US version - but his helmet is done in gold rather than yellow.
    • The Transformers Go! OVA DVDs are patterned to look like the Cybertronian Data Disks, which is pretty cool
    • The RC Transformers series is shown in a bit more detail, with some more pictures of the Bumblebee styled Camaro, and also an Optimus Prime truck version shown.

Wow, loving the shiny deco of Blitzwing

Talk about getting your monies worth out of a mold Takara G2 lambor/sideswipe as well...The Lamborghini Contach has always been my fav car as a kid, so I guess I'll be getting the G2 version now too! *sigh*

Whats with those Ominbots?? they are ugly, look like something out of Minecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Talk about getting your monies worth out of a mold Takara G2 lambor/sideswipe as well...The Lamborghini Contach has always been my fav car as a kid, so I guess I'll be getting the G2 version now too! *sigh*
    Those accessories are just too cool to ignore. My poor wallet