Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - Construct-Bots Wave 1

Finally got the 2-pack, and was surprised to find that both sets have about 12 extra parts for you to customise your figures... but aren't noted anywhere as extras, or featured in the photos. So it can be a bit confusing at first to try to figure out the why and where for these parts. (a bit like putting something mechanical together and having some parts left over)

I've got Soundwave, Ironhide and Blitzwing. Had a go at Soundwave tonight. Damn annoying to transform and the alt mode doesn't look great (then nor does the robot mode). Had read a few negative reviews of these guys, sad to find out they are fairly accurate. Had fun putting him together while watching Doctor Who and drinking beer however Hopefully Ironhide and Blitzwing will impress me more

Well happy to say that the parts for starscream turned up today and they look fantastic on the screamer. Full painted head is what we should have got. Will post up the pics soon.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Seriously? They sent you a fully painted head???

Please share pics!!
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Here the code for 100,000 point that came with my starscream if anyone want it.. enjoy
    871-1713-9535-439

Well finally got to those pics with the new head that hasbro sent , so here they are...

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Picked up Bumblebee, I cannot say I am impressed, build is fun but I was surprised at how limited the customisation options were. Wait for a clearance sale if you intend to pick these guys up.

I picked up Ultimate Optimus Prime Vs Megatron yesterday ($45). I'm not a massive fan of building Transformers, but I thought I'd just grab at least one set. I must say, these Construct-Bots are a lot nicer than Kre-Os IMHO. The two things I don't like about Kre-Os are:
    + they don't actually transform and need you to disassemble and reassemble them to "transform."
    + they have left over parts. I wish they'd incorporate all their parts in both modes.

Construct-Bots trump over Kre-Os on both counts! Much to my surprise, they do actually transform without need for disassembly/reassembly, and they don't leave left over parts in either mode! (although they do come with additional parts for further personal customisation) This was something I hadn't expected at all and was quite pleasantly surprised by. The toys use a lot of ball and socket joints, allowing a great range of poseability and both the vehicle and robot modes are much more solid than Kre-Os. I also like how they have working missile launchers.

Now I don't necessarily mean to bag out on Kre-Os: they're just not my cup of Energon. I understand that Kre-Os are designed for a different kind of play pattern (i.e. Lego style play), and that's great for people who enjoy that kind of play. Construct-Bots are a different thing.

Having said that, I don't really see myself buying any more Construct-Bots. While I appreciate what Hasbro's trying to do hear in creating a line where kids can easily mix and match parts of different figures together to make original creations, it's just not my thing. I'm not a fan of the "skeletal" robot forms and the transformations and alt modes aren't exceptionally inspiring.

Just got round to opening up Ironhide after a month of him sitting in his pack in a corner. Crappy transform, but the most happy, friendly Ironhide head I've ever seen, even more than the Robot Heroes one