Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JP Masterpiece Sideswipe reissue coming to Australia SEP/OCT

Any chance we'll be seeing G2 Sideswipe? Never bothered with him (not into too many MP "repaints") but if he's released locally ... well ... why not?

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Does anyone know if this Sideswipe has the original face or the revised face of the 2nd version?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I am just posting a question about the headlights.

Maybe it was the angle but thats all to it.

I have no clue if you took out one from the company to show us or your own piece.

I did not say you bought a ko.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Any chance we'll be seeing G2 Sideswipe? Never bothered with him (not into too many MP "repaints") but if he's released locally ... well ... why not?
    No idea, but considering that we are getting G2 Bumblebee, I guess it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    Does anyone know if this Sideswipe has the original face or the revised face of the 2nd version?
    Don't know. Here's a close up of the upper body from the instructions that Hasbro have supplied to me, but it may be that they're just using the same instructions from the original toy for the reissue, so "actual product may vary."

The instructions for MP10 that Hasbro supplied me looks to be the one from the original MP10, because the "History of Convoy" page only goes up to MP Rodimus Convoy (2011); whereas the version I made for the Hasbro version goes up to RiD2015 Optimus Prime. So yeah, no idea, dude.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thanks GoktimusPrime, guess we will see

If the Hasbro MP Sideswipe is still coming out this year (as they had announced last year, so it could have been cancelled), I think that this Japanese version* is one that Hasbro Australia shouldn't have brought in, as it will still be sitting on shelves when the Hasbro version comes in... and if we get too much stock shelfwarming too long, it will impact on what ToysRUs will want later.

* From what I can see, this would be an Asia/Hong Kong reissue of the Japanese Sideswipe... I can't see any sign of it being a Japanese reissue that has filtered into the Hasbro Asia market (and then through to us). Hasbro Asia have been known to have their own "exclusive" reissues of Japanese Transformers, but it can confuse people who might look for it online to compare prices and can't find it listed at Japanese online stores.
    It is listed as being a September release in Asia, so should show up here in October.

For the ongoing KO discussion, there are topics in the KO section about this toy and others being mentioned here. Post your comments and questions there please.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Maybe we aren't getting the Hasbro US Sideswipe at all, maybe Hasbro Oz thought it was best to source this reissue instead for any number of reasons. Could be they wanted the smaller box, this one might be cheaper, couldn't secure the other version in enough numbers or were given a minimum order they thought they couldn't sell through.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

There are collectors who will just buy all Hasbro TRU mp just for the box numbering. So if that gets cancelled there may be some unhappy collectors.

Quick question: "Countach LP500S" or "Countach LP500 S"?
    i.e. Should there be a space between '500' and 'S'? Because the original Japanese text prints it as "Countach LP500S," but I've noticed that some web sites spell it with a space. I'm not a car person, so I have no clue which typography is correct. I'm spelling it without a space, since that's what's on the original source material, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Quick question: "Countach LP500S" or "Countach LP500 S"?
    i.e. Should there be a space between '500' and 'S'? Because the original Japanese text prints it as "Countach LP500S," but I've noticed that some web sites spell it with a space. I'm not a car person, so I have no clue which typography is correct. I'm spelling it without a space, since that's what's on the original source material, but correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'm pretty sure I've mostly seen it without the space, like on model kits and the like. But I'm not a car person either, so could be wrong. Just going from memory, FWIW.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!