Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro UK fan-poll

Default Hasbro UK fan-poll

This looks to be legit, but even if it isn't, it's a bit of fun to pass the time.

Hasbro UK look to have set up a survey on a 3rd party site (Survey Monkey), to ask a number of questions.
    It is aimed at European fans, but it doesn't stop non-European people from filling it out... and since many of their non-US collector questions are applicable to us, it could be worthwhile feedback (or they will just screen out all the non-European entries later).

The survey can be found here, and probably won't be up for long.

There are 24 pages of questions, and note that on one of the early pages, there is a photo of Batman merchandise. The photo is a poorly chosen sample, and the question on that page does NOT relate to that photo... it relates to ALL the Brands on the previous page.
    Apparently if you answer "No" to the Batman merchandise photo page, the survey ends, because you are really answering "no" to collecting anything. (many are wrongly assuming that they are only answering "no" to collecting Batman merchandise)

Most of the UK-themed questions relate to us, so you shouldn't have much problem answering them. If you do, leave it blank and if it won't let you go to the next page, just answer the closest thing that is applicable to you.
    (there is a question about where you buy most of your retail toys, and it requires you to tick a box even if you fill in the "other" box... so tick one of the two options that are store chains we have here)

I did the survey because most of the "European" questions relate to other non-US countries like ours, in terms of availability and difficulty in being a fan outside of the core hub of the Brand (America).

One thing that had me puzzled, was that the survey is aimed at people in Europe, so I find it odd that they ask if you've joined the Hasbro Pulse website.... which last I checked, is only available to people with a US postal address.
    (it's still possible to join as a non-US person, but most wouldn't bother to work out how to do it... making that an odd question to have on a European survey)

Apparently there is a huge section on Unauthorised (3rd Party) toys, which I didn't see because I answered "no" to collecting them... so it skipped over that section for me. Comments from other fans though, say that that section is surprisingly thorough, for a branch of Hasbro to want to know about.

If you plan on doing the survey, do it before reading further on this posting.

Some of the stats were shown at the end, including...
    - There were 2,353 done when I finished.
    - 54% of the people who listed their gender were FEMALE (3% didn't note their gender). Considering the gender ratios I've seen on fansites and at almost 20 conventions, I'm puzzled to see that over half of the people filling out the survey are saying they are female.
    - The most favourite "mass entertainment" version of the franchise is currently the MTMTE comic at 42%, with the TFPrime cartoon in second at 13%, and the Gen1 cartoon in third at a distant 11%.
    - Favourite toylines so far are Classics at 25%, Takara Masterpiece at 16%, and Animated & TFPrime at 12% each. Gen1 toyline is currently in 6th place. Combiner Wars was a separate category, gaining 5th spot, but if it was rolled into the "Classics" category as it is a continuation of Generations, that would have been 33%.
    - Only 56% are aware of He-Man/MOTU... it was one of the least recognised of the 40 brands listed, despite it being around longer than Transformers. I guess I'm just getting too old, for me to be more familiar with that Brand than several others on their list.

I just finished and I was quite surprised about how in-depth the 3rd party section was. They had pretty much all the major players names. To name a few things, they wanted to know why you collect 3rd party (they ask for reasons to be ranked) and whether anything would change your mind collecting them.

I basically said that I collect them because they fill a gap in my 'masterpiece' collection that I believe HasTak are unlikely to fill or unlikely for a long time to fill. Basically if HasTak gave us a road map for years in advance and prospective releases that might influence my purchasing.

Will be interesting to see what comes from this.

FWIW, I just filled it out. As a consumer of 3rd party goods, I was able to answer the questions in that section and made a point of discussing some of the deficits in quality between the official products and some 3rd party offerings. In particular I suggested that Hasbro increase their production of stickers (such as the ones for Generations Metroplex, Whirl, and Roadbuster) but also increase the quality of those products.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I just filled it in.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

As I had to take a late lunch break I thought I would do this survey while eating my soup.

Thanks for the heads up about the 3rd Party stuff Griffin, it was a good section of the survey and I am glad that I answered it.

It came up on Derrick Wyatt's Twitter, so I gave it a go. I though it would take 5 minutes. It was closer to 20. I also thought it was a U.S. based poll so ragged pretty hard on Funpub.

Good fun although I somewhat question the legitimacy of a global company like Hasbro using Survey Monkey.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Didn't let me do it, reached the maximum amount apparently.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I answered it and was quite intrigued by the detail of the questions asked.

I'm a bit confused as to why there are so many female respondents too. I worry it will skew the legitimacy of the survey if people are just filling it in for a bit of fun. I think I only know of 3 other female fans and one is from Oz...

I wonder if they will filter out the non EU results. I was honest and answered with my real location in the hope they would take a non-US/more global perspective into consideration.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of the results in terms of Habsro taking any of the information they learn from this on board. Thanks for letting us know about the link Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Good fun although I somewhat question the legitimacy of a global company like Hasbro using Survey Monkey.
    That's why I was originally thinking that it must have been a hoax or a fan doing up the survey claiming it was by Hasbor, because surely a Hasbro survey would be done on their own site.

Maybe Hasbro UK got a fan to do it on their behalf (it was way too detailed to be done by a regular Hasbro employee), and it therefore needed to be done on a 3rd party site by that fan.

It wouldn't be the first official survey done using Surveymonkey by a long shot. I did one on Surveymonkey for Ubisoft last week, for example - and yes, it was official, because I got it through my email linked to my Ubi account.

Anyway, it now says it's reached the maximum number of respondents allowed or something, so that's the end of that.

Interesting that Hasbro UK are conducting such a survey because my experience of living in the UK was that they had nothing but contempt for the fans.