Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Target price-matching policy (or lack of, in most stores).

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    lol our head office staff, corporate staff and district managers are hated with a very strong passion, by both normal staff, night fillers and lower management, because at the end of the day their decisions make our job harder, and we have to deal with the public because of these decisions =[
    I know the feeling, having worked at Myer's and the Pizza Hut call centre. Front line staff always cop the flack.

That reminds me of something else while I was talking to the Target Customer Service - she straight out said to me, 'why don't you just go and buy it from the competitor then if they are cheaper?'

Two things are wrong with that. One, she shouldn't be trying to discourage a customer from buying at their store(chain). Two (which I actually told her, and she didn't have an answer to it), what if I want to be buying all my stuff from one store and one item is known to be cheaper elsewhere? It may seem an obvious question if you are buying one item - it's easier to go to the competitor - but she wasn't thinking of the bigger picture, and at least try to do her job to encourage people to shop at Target. In the end because of this, she's discouraged more customers from shopping there.

WOAH! head office can be pretty stupid I'll tell my store manager what happened and see what she says..?

I finally found that signage I originally saw:

And I asked for a bit of clarification. This isn't in effect until the toy sale. So if, after July 23rd, Big W or Kmart have another sale, and you have items on layby, Target will price match them with proof of catalog. I asked if that meant any sale until the items are picked up until layby, and the first lady said no, only during the toy sale. She was quickly corrected by a superior behind her that pointed out that the sign does not say that and thus you should be able to price match throughout the term of the layby.

I suspect that's as close to a written policy as we'll get from Target for now.

Is layby until Christmas only available during the sale? If not, this should give us a documented, enforceable Target price matching policy until the end of the year.

I remember that sign up during last year's toy sale. I thought that it might help me price match the MP4Convoy I already had on laybuy to their toy sale price, but it didn't.

Jay - Xmas layby are only available during toy sale

But yes, that should work as a price matching policy for stock on Xmas layby

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I remember that sign up during last year's toy sale. I thought that it might help me price match the MP4Convoy I already had on laybuy to their toy sale price, but it didn't.
    Yeah, I got stuck with the same situation last year. The Manager/Supervisor was not friendly at all when I asked but the one at the cashier told me to just go to the service desk, do a change of mind refund and then rebuy it at the lower price.

I understand they are busy during these toy sales and are inundated with queries throughout the sale, but being bitter and scowly when asked for help is NOT customer service. They have time to prepare themselves so there's little excuse on bad manners.

i am always nice - especially during toy sale - so come visit me

Broadway Target said no, and told me to try the Bondi Store to see if they pricematch... Huh??? This store is actually trying to encourage me to go to another store.... This storechain just gets more absurd the more I deal with them.