Thread: What is in and what is not - in this section

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Is your definition of 'promotion' basically talking about it at all in any way?
    You can talk about them if it is to help people identify the fakes from the real toys, but if the commentary in any way tries to paint the replica toy in a positive light (or looks like a regular review), that might inspire someone to hunt one down, that would be considered a promotion of the product.
    I can't stop people buying them, because it is their choice when they see the item... but I don't want to have people here encouraging others to buy them.

Can I post my vintage KO Astro Magnum for sale on Ozformers?

Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

Is it actually a KO of Astro Magnum, and not a real Astro Magnum?

I know that "Shackwave" was a legit toy released in the 80s after Transformers started (called Galactic Man), while Astro Magnum was the name of the pre-Transformers version of Shockwave before Hasbro got the license to produce it.

I remember having a "Shackwave" when I was young and didn't know it wasn't a Shockwave, but it didn't have any of the stickers of the Radio Shack toy, so was probably a KO as well. And there were a lot of them here... probably just as prolific as the Transformers Shockwave.

Am I right in thinking Shockwave was the only Early Original Series Transformers toy that was produced as a KO back then, at the same time as the legit figures?
    Since it isn't really a KO of a Transformers toy (it's colour suggests that it is a KO of the Radio Shack Galactic Man toy), and isn't a modern day KO (which I loath), it shouldn't be a big deal selling it here... just do it in the Unauthorised TFs section.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Is it actually a KO of Astro Magnum, and not a real Astro Magnum?

I know that "Shackwave" was a legit toy released in the 80s after Transformers started (called Galactic Man), while Astro Magnum was the name of the pre-Transformers version of Shockwave before Hasbro got the license to produce it.

I remember having a "Shackwave" when I was young and didn't know it wasn't a Shockwave, but it didn't have any of the stickers of the Radio Shack toy, so was probably a KO as well. And there were a lot of them here... probably just as prolific as the Transformers Shockwave.

Am I right in thinking Shockwave was the only Early Original Series Transformers toy that was produced as a KO back then, at the same time as the legit figures?
    Since it isn't really a KO of a Transformers toy (it's colour suggests that it is a KO of the Radio Shack Galactic Man toy), and isn't a modern day KO (which I loath), it shouldn't be a big deal selling it here... just do it in the Unauthorised TFs section.
    I remember that Shackwave being available at that years Easter Show or am I describing a KO?